Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by kb2nto, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kb2nto

kb2nto Strat-Talk Member

Hello to all. Guess you can say I am new to strat also. 3 weeks ago was lucky enough to find a MIM at a garage sale. I am embarrassed to tell you what I paid. I added some GFS premium vintage pickups and really like the sound and feel. So much so I picked up a 87 American Standard in Sunburst. I have owned a couple Squier guitars and liked both.

2. tazzboy

tazzboy Strat-Talker

Welcome aboard. The only requirement you must do is show us some pictures of your guitars.

3. GuitarSlinger

GuitarSlinger Strat-Talker

Greetings, are you embarrassed because you overpaid or because you got a hell of a deal? Strats rule :)

4. Strat-Talk

Strat-Talk Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Welcome! We're glad to have you here.

Lets see some photos!

5. kb2nto

kb2nto Strat-Talk Member

Thank all for the welcome. I have photos in photobucket. I have never posted so don't know what to do. I'll look around and find the way to post. Ok the MIM which was a nice aged white made in 99. Was very dirty but only one ding. Garage sale find $35 with a sack as the lady called it. The 87 sunburst cost a little more $275 which there is one just like it with a cracked head on Ebay currently at over $500. It also has a higher ser number mine according to neck date was made 8/27/87. Very nice resource by the way...Ed

6. tazzboy

tazzboy Strat-Talker

All you have to do is copy and paste the link that is IMG Code into reply field and that will load the picture here on the forum for all of us too see.

7. Strat-Talk

Strat-Talk Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    You can also just click on the "paperclip" icon (in the post box) or scroll down in the advanced reply/edit box to the "Attach Files" secion to access the attachment feature to attach a photo from your hard disk... or you can put the URL to the image from Photobucket into the attachment URL box and attach photos to your post too.

8. kb2nto

kb2nto Strat-Talk Member

[​IMG]
    Ok lets try this and see if it works. Thanks for the help. Never posted a pic before at least like this.Ed

9. tazzboy

tazzboy Strat-Talker

Nice Guitars

10. GuitarSlinger

35 bucks? Thats killer! Looks like you've got some nice guitars for real nice prices, provided they play well. Man, $35...nice...

11. kb2nto

kb2nto Strat-Talk Member

Yes they both play very nice. I sold a Satriani JS 100 sig that I really liked when I got the MIM. Then I found the 87 and it plays great also. The 87 is my Goto guitar. I just put Stephens new 59 pickups in it. WOW!! Ed

12. GuitarSlinger

Thats good to hear, I need a white bodied/ rosewood fretboard guitar, that MIM is beautiful. Is the 87 a 3tone burst?

13. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Strat-O-Master

Good guitars and even better prices. Keep shopping!

Oh, yeah... thanks for the pix!

Bob