New Mensch

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mensch, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Mensch

Mensch Strat-Talk Member

68D99CC4-EC07-4CFE-B9F0-68D8AD61710D.jpeg 63C1F6DD-4174-4FFE-975A-99D5D8B72B38.jpeg 68D99CC4-EC07-4CFE-B9F0-68D8AD61710D.jpeg Hey everyone new member here.

I've had various strats over the past 26 years that I've been playing. A few years ago I got robbed: they took a strat and a tele. My 1995 Am std was the only electric they didn't take. I guess the colour threw them off. Little did they know...

Since covid I've been into mods and improving my tech skills etc...getting back into practicing and enjoying playing guitar

2. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

Is that one a gold or silver paint job?
    Sorry, I can’t tell.
    Very pretty either way.

Mensch likes this.
  3. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Strat-Talker

Glad your getting it the way you want it. Nice looking Strat.

Mensch likes this.
  4. myredstrat

myredstrat Strat-O-Master

nice looking guitar

5. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

It's blue and black, like the dress. YESSSS! I win the five-year-old meme reference for tonight!

It looks like Inca Silver?

Ebidis likes this.
  6. lbpesq

lbpesq Strat-Talker

About 30 years ago my apartment was burglarized. They took my collection of bicentennial quarters and half dollars, worth maybe $75-$100, a really nice pipe made out of a deer antler, a cool roach clip that looked like a key, a watch, a ring, and a few other little things of modest value. Whoever did it opened and went through my old beat up guitar case, but left the 1961 Strat alone! I guess they thought it was too big to hassle with as the burglar, in the infamous words of the Beatles, came in through the bathroom window and, apparently, left the same way. Hooray for dumb burglars!

Bill, tgo

Mensch, Cerb and stratocarlster like this.
  7. Mensch

Mensch Strat-Talk Member

I'm actually not quite sure about the colour. I'm not the original owner. I was under the impression that it's Inca Silver or some kind of metallic green. Can't see it on the picture but it has a bit of a "sparkle" to it.
    Anyone else wanna chime in?

8. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Strat-O-Master

That sucks about the theft...A friend of mine once had his gear stolen from the trunk of his car on Capitol Hill in Seattle. Yeah, THAT Capitol Hill.

Anyways, he always said he would have rather they stole the car instead of the gear...

Nice guitar!.

9. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Most Honored Senior Member

Judging by the 2 string trees and the spaghetti logo....I'm figuring yours to be a late 90's AmStandard.....

Could the color possibly be Pewter???

Here is a pic of my '90 Pewter....

CIMG3368.JPG

EDIT: I just noticed the "Inca Silver" was available in the late 90's....soooooooo....shoulder shrug....