New Partscaster Day!

CandyAppleHead

Strat-O-Master
Apr 28, 2008
Cambridge, England
Here's my latest partscaster Strat I finished a couple of days ago.

The story is this. I made a Gilmour 0001 replica recently and bought the body from a guitar finisher here in the UK. Let's just say I was less than impressed with his work but carried on with the build anyway, with some additional finishing work done by myself. I then decided to do a body from scratch myself, this time with a more accurate swamp ash body, and that gave me the idea to use the original for a new project (any excuse right)? I already had some parts laying around I could use.

So here are the specs for this one:

Alder body with some extra relicing by me
Hosco neck - bought from ebay for not a lot, it was finished in the most ORANGE looking shellac finish imaginable. I stripped it and refinished with Tung oil, leaving the back of the neck bare. 9.5" radius medium jumbo frets
Tuners - Gotoh aged
Pickups - Tonerider Classic Blues. These are SUPERB pickups. Absolutely spot on for Texas blues. Covers are Fender white covers aged in coffee
Fender Custom Shop vintage trem unit
Alpha pots, Oak Grigsby 5-way switch, cloth wiring

This feels very much like the LPB heavy relic CS Strat I once had a few years ago (although total cost about a quarter of the price). After setting up it plays wonderful, great feeling neck and as said above the tone is bang on what I was looking for. Some mild overdrive into a Fender Deluxe Reverb = Texas Blues Heaven. Getting a lot of play right now!

upload_2020-8-18_18-3-23.png