New Strat Day/Partscaster

Theron

Strat-Talker
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
Purchased this locally today, and I’m pretty excited about it!

Specs:
-MJT body in black over burst.
-Callaham tremolo
-Roadworn strap buttons and jack plate
-Gotoh neck plate
-Parchment guard (may look at an aged mint green instead)
-Custom ordered Odezza pickups…vintage output, with A5 magnets on lower 3 strings, and beveled A3 on the higher strings
-Fender replacement roasted maple neck with PF fretboard
-ClassicGear tuners

It’s an interesting beast, and weighs just under 7LBS!!

I was pricing out a parts build when I found this and frankly couldn’t pass it up! Super resonant and plays great!

48A6D1CE-5E95-45D9-8CD8-91EDF3C59EAB.jpeg 2CE6E02A-C75E-4785-98C0-6A29EF05034F.jpeg EF46AC6C-9792-443A-9304-26762D887D3A.jpeg 4749B218-E9D5-4C70-A09A-56F65A3F1010.jpeg 85419E2D-B419-4A45-8235-872B218C92A7.jpeg C6BEDFB1-FC63-4B87-8A78-BE0A8017C689.jpeg 18F9BA8B-F263-4EFE-8182-3510DBF5375A.jpeg

Theron

Strat-Talker
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
Nice looking build. If it plays great and sounds great, you have a winner. I'd give the intonation a once over to make sure its adjusted properly, but heck of a looker for sure!

I know, it's kinda weird because that's not the typical stagger you'd see on the saddles, but the relief is at 0.010", string height 4-5/64th's, and the intonation is dead on at the 12th...

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
Take this as constructive criticism or just leave it.
The pickguard, pup covers n such look brand new. Which I assume they are. It was a stark contrast to that beautiful body.
Looks half done as a relic. Just my worthless opinion.

Theron

Strat-Talker
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
The pickguard, pup covers n such look brand new. Which I assume they are. It was a stark contrast to that beautiful body.

Yeah like I said above, I'm looking to find an aged mint green guard and aged plastic covers/knobs.
He purchased it as a loaded pickguard from Odezza pickups and that's just what they used on it...

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK

I see your point but, I like that look. I’ve got a naturally relic’d Squire that I fitted new pups to and had to use the new covers. Looks great, all part of tge instruments history.

Lucius Paisley

Strat-O-Master
Jul 14, 2021
Sydney, Australia
The new pickguard/everything else, is fine. Parts get replaced all the time. The relic of the body is thankfully not stupidly over the top/obviously taken to with a belt sander.

Overall, good catch.

Theron

Strat-Talker
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
The guy actually had a Fender replacement 50's Lacquer neck on it...it wasn't relic'd at all, it looked great, and I loved the V shape, but it had vintage radius + short vintage frets.

If I were to find a road worn 50's neck, with vintage radius + taller frets, I would strongly consider swapping it!

He had a handful of other necks, so we swapped it out for this one as it was the PF that looked closest to rosewood that he had there.

Ordered aged white covers/knobs. Also shorter grub screws for the saddles.

Can I also just say that I LOVE the Callaham tremolo with the shorter "virtual pop-in" arm?! It is amazing, and I am using the trem on a Strat for the first time ever and actually love it!

rollerjw

New Member!
Aug 31, 2021
Philadelphia
Just finished my first build!!! Always loved relics. Never had the $ to buy a real one or the guts to relic a store bought one. A few YouTube videos later and a lot of elbow grease... here it is. I loved it! I'm still working on the neck.. It's probably ugly to everybody else, but to me, it's gorgeous. It's my baby.

Here are the specs:
- Nitro Alder Ebay Body
- Pure Vintage Fender '59 Pickups
- Fender pots, 5-position switch, knobs (vintage white), pickguard (green).
- Modified Wiring: Independent Bridge Pot - 2 Fender Wax Pots, Volume Tone Bleeder, and Cloth-wiring throughout.
- Fender Vintage Style Bridge & Tuners (bought it as such). They are probably MIM.

As far as the neck I'm going modern:
- "All Parts Lic by Fender" Unfinished Neck
- 22 jumbo frets, 12"radius, ebony fretboard.
- Also nitro finish (I'm working on it...)

Can't wait to finish the neck and start playing it...

Body & Neck.jpg Finished Body.jpg Electronics2.jpg Electronics.jpg

Last edited: