Join Strat-Talk Today

New Strat owner/NGD!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by jimmytulsa, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jimmytulsa

jimmytulsa Strat-Talk Member

Just got my Road Worn '60's Strat(Sunburst!) I also got the Mark Jenny LPB body! I had intended on swapping bodies, but first impressions of the sunburst are I might like it better. Although I know it is going to look different all put together. But then I would have to unassemble and reassemble the guitar(which I have never done before), and pay for a setup (50-100 bucks???) So I am going to post some pics and hopefully people will share opinions!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jimmytulsa

3. jimmytulsa

4. jimmytulsa

5. jimmytulsa

BTW, the LPB Body is one peice alder and weighs 3 lbs 10 oz.

6. mahler

mahler Strat-O-Master

If I were you I would put that beautifully finished thin skin 100 % nitrocellulose 1 piece alder (which is quite rare) body to use :D.

7. Wideglide

Wideglide Senior Stratmaster

Man! What the HELL happened to that headstock?!? Somebody use it as an oar in a shallow stream?

8. jimmytulsa

yeah I noticed that too. doesn't seem like other road worns have much damage on the headstock. But I got it for a good price, so I'm ok w/ it. everything works and nothing else appears to be damaged, so its ok I guess.

9. uncle buck

uncle buck Strat-Talk Member

lol. I really just laughed out loud.

10. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Fit's the whole vibe of road-worn imo!

11. CandyAppleHead

CandyAppleHead Strat-O-Master

I'd LOVE to see that with the LPB body, but then it is my favourite Strat colour.

12. StratDen

StratDen Senior Stratmaster

Congrats! The RW are nice players... As for the headstock wear, I believe they all have that done as part of the relic/worn theme. Not certain if they are considiant on the headstock as they are with the body (use of a template), but certainly fits the thems as Thaus mentioned. I ended up trading mine towards other gear, but would have been ghappy to keep it if it didn't come across the trade opportunity I found.

Enjoy your RW! Oh, and keep us updated on the status of what project becomes of the Mark Jenny body.. Looks like a nice start...

13. jflintmac

jflintmac Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Swap the bodies. This is a no-brainer. The M&J is beautiful and who knows, you might not need a set-up???
    Generally I am one for keeping a guitar original but in this case I'd say to do it.
    BTW - I like the beat up neck. You need to find a really beaten up pick guard...
    Maybe black

14. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I’d say switch em, but then again I’m a sucker for RW/LPB.
    I’ve been jonesing myself for an MJT LPB – if I eventually pull the trigger for one I’ll probably have him seal it with darker yellow nitro to get that aged, greenish effect...

15. T-Bodz Terry B.

T-Bodz Terry B. Most Honored Senior Member

Congrats on a new member to your Family!

The Sunburst looks nice but I really think the LPB would look STELLAR!!!!
    Then again, I have a weakness for Blue Strats, especially LPB!!

Try it! Go for it!

16. stratmanchu

stratmanchu Senior Stratmaster

nice guitar. I just can't imagine anyone sitting around and intentionally whacking a brand new beutiflly built guitar, seems should be against the law or something. i actually think i couldnt do that job

17. Bruster

Bruster Strat-O-Master

Nice guitar! I wish they did it with a 9.5" neck with 6105 frets. Then it would be a keeper (for me). In fact it's all I need! Anyway, enjoy it. great guitars.

18. CandyAppleHead

CandyAppleHead Strat-O-Master

If you want any more reason to swap bodies, here's what it could look like. Take a look at my Custom Shop 1960 relic in LPB:

[​IMG]

19. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Congrats. I think the most important factor to seek is playability. Who cares as long as it's a player?

20. jimmytulsa

Thanks for all the feedback! I am so new at playing, I don't think I could tell a difference in playing a CS or a foreign knock off! I literally know like 5 chords. But I really want to learn to play, so I thought "why not learn to play on something that is really cool?" I have heard that 7.25" necks are easier to chord on, so I thought this would be a good start. I think I have decided to do the body swap. I guess my master plan is to use the LPB body, keep the RW body, and in the future, when I am a better player, and have a better idea about what I would like as far as neck radius/shape, pickups, hardware, ect., I can bulid a partscaster to my personal preferences using the LPB body, put the RW body back on the RW, and have complete Fender Guitar to sell, which seems to be more marketable than a partscaster. Get ready for questions as I start the body swap! I am sure I will have a ton.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.