Join Strat-Talk Today

New (to me) eBay Speaker Cabinet Maker

Discussion in 'DIY Effects Forum' started by Triple Jim, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

I posted this on the Squier board after one of the guys gave me a speaker. It might be useful here too.

@frankthedog recently gave me a speaker for the cost of shipping, which I'm grateful for. I had a couple projects in mind for the Yamaha branded Eminence, and decided to make a 1x12 cabinet for it to go with the '65 Princeton Reverb head I was building. I decided to look around to see what I could get a ready-to-go empty cabinet for, to save me spending time making one, when I have too many other things I need to be doing around here.

I came across an eBay seller who calls himself "colshaner", who builds cabinets. He had what looked like a nice 1x12 for $79.99. Shipping to my house was only $14.05, so the total was about $94. I figured that price was so good I'd give it a try, and three days later it arrived.

It's well made, and was prewired with a 1/4" jack and plug-on terminals for the speaker. It even had four accurately placed studs and nuts. It took about three minutes to install the speaker, and it was up and running. I haven't been able to make it rattle, and it looks really good.

colshaner said he will make various sizes up to 2x12 and 4x8, but doesn't like to go bigger because of shipping cost. I haven't asked him if he would do custom orders for bigger cabs.

Here's my 1x12, which sounds really good (thanks frankthedog!):

photo009.jpg photo010.jpg

2. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Senior Stratmaster

Nice! Congratulations!

I also got a good eBay deal a while back on an open back 2x10 from a guy who builds them. I thought it might be the same guy, but I can’t find his name now.

It was just $89.00 plus very minimal shipping. It has orange tolex (I would prefer black) and seems well built and it’s pretty light as well.

Triple Jim likes this.
  3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Ha, I obviously got crosseyed when I accidentally posted this in the DIY Effects forum!

4. Jimgchord

Jimgchord Strat-O-Master

Crazy cheap.

Triple Jim likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.