New To Strats-2 Questions

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Highlonesomef5, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

I’ve got a clone of an Eric Clapton preamp that I built. I found the circuit for it online and started laying it out and then about half way through I figured someone must have done a perf or protoboard layout and sure enough, they had. I found the layout here: https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/02/fender-eric-clapton-25db-mid-boost.html

There are some minor errors that I’ve mentioned in the comments towards the bottom and someone named Sage commented August 13, 2019.

My layout for the Telecaster is on my computer so I’ll have to grab it and post it for you. It’s not a difficult addition to the wiring but you need to figure out where to physically put the preamp. I have a spot routed for mine between the bridge and neck pickups.

My layout for the Strat using a standard volume control and tone control with true bypass (dpdt switch) is really simple. It’s as follows:

5BCC53B4-A769-4FBC-BC76-315EEA6A01B2.png

2. Neilybob

Neilybob Strat-Talker

I prefer the tone of my strats without a backplate. Just personal preference.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk