Roger66

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 21, 2021
Port Hueneme
Do you own a buffer? You can get a pretty good result with plain old rattle cans, just be prepared for a lot of wet sanding and polishing. Whole reason I opted for the gun and started this business in the first place was because I got sick of all the sanding and polishing. With a smoother spray there’s a lot less of that.
Well I can sand it to 1500 and polish it by hand, actually. I guess I order gold or silver nitro. And a rainbow of spray tinted Lacquer Cans. You would have to get the burst perfect the first time. Maybe that's a tall order for a spray and nozzle. Guns are cheap, but all that painting should be done by someone with a good setup anyway. Nah. I could do the first coat of gold and then have an artist do the rest. Could work.

Ratylird

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 6, 2021
UK
Well I can sand it to 1500 and polish it by hand, actually. I guess I order gold or silver nitro. And a rainbow of spray tinted Lacquer Cans. You would have to get the burst perfect the first time. Maybe that's a tall order for a spray and nozzle. Guns are cheap, but all that painting should be done by someone with a good setup anyway. Nah. I could do the first coat of gold and then have an artist do the rest. Could work.

The good thing with nitro is as long as you have a good amount of clear coats on after the paint, you can’t really go wrong. When I was using rattle cans I’d put atleast 5-6 coats of clear over the colour before I started sanding. Sometimes I’d get to 1500 an see there’s some bits I’d missed earlier on, just go over it with another clear coat an start again through the different grits. It’s a long process but you can achieve a nice finish. You’ll never get a mirror shine with cans but can be good enough.

It’s just a bit of a pain and very time consuming. Way quicker with a gun.

Ratylird

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 6, 2021
UK
Small update: I’ve launched a new website and can now ship US. If any of you guys are interested, drop me a message first, I may be able to get cheaper shipping costs if you give me your details first. As an example, I’ve just shipped one to California for £30 but some states were coming back with £60, so always make sure to message me first at [email protected]
Also, make sure to let me know you’re from this site ;)

Website link is www.irguitarcustomshop.com

To celebrate the launch of the site, there’s also a 10% off code, just enter WEB21 at checkout to claim

mascudkoray9

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 4, 2021
istanbul
Hi guys,

I’m new to the page.

Wanting to engage with people to hear your thoughts on the bodies I’ve been making.

I have a listing on here with the bodies for sale if anyone’s interested in making a purchase.

This post is more to introduce myself, hear some feedback, and hopefully attract some people to my social media accounts (don’t have many likes as I’m only just starting out).

Any support would be much appreciated.

Speed Test

All bodies are finished in matt nitro, I have plans to expand later once I start making some sales. Eventually I’d like to be able to offer more colours, finishes, other routing options and left handed versions. Baby steps first though haha.

Anyway, these are the bodies below, let me know what you guys think :)
Welcome

Last edited: