Newbie guitars

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by Savana13Swedan, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Savana13Swedan

Savana13Swedan Strat-Talk Member

I'm 13 ive bin playing for only a couple of mounths. At my school we have this awsome teacher who playd in some jazz fusion band in the late 70s. He is the main reason for me to learn. He says since I have small hands I should use smaller guitar necks not baritone or bass Why

2. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

well there's guitar, then there's baritone guitars, then there's bass. They're all pretty different.

If you want to play guitar just get one with a neck that's comfortable for your hand size.

Lots of famous guitar players have small hands, don't let it discourage you. Plus you're 13, your hands won't be that size forever.

3. dhb2000usa

dhb2000usa Senior Stratmaster

Hi and welcome aboard. Malikon is 100% correct. If you want to learn guitar then try some out and grab the one that feels the best. I started at age 11 and my hands were very small at the time.

4. NorthShore

NorthShore Senior Stratmaster

5. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

i always suggest a Squier Affinity strat for beginners with small hands. the necks are narrower than typical Strat necks. go try one out at a guitar store.

6. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music.

There are numerous builders of 3/4 size instruments. Check rondo music for an SX 3/4 size. I bought one and the quality was just ok, but there are others. I also bought an Ibanez micro for my son. They're not bad.