NGD 1995 Stratocaster special MIM

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Shockmaster, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Shockmaster

Shockmaster Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

Just picked up a near mint 1995 Fender Stratocaster Special. Came with hard case. Almost feel like I stole it at its price of $200. He was asking $250 but let it go for $200. It’s almost as if it was never played. Interesting set up with the HSS configuration and switch. Has anyone played these? Any experience? How about value? May sell/trade if for something else if I don’t dig it.

Attached Files:

The-Kid, Mech, Malurkey and 2 others like this.
  2. hardtail01

hardtail01 Strat-O-Master

I have the Tele version of this. The Strat version doesn't seem to have as much demand for them as the Tele versions for some reason. The Strat Special used ceramic magnet pickups(the same single coils that are in the Standards from that era). I don't know about the humbucker. The switch is a coil tap for the humbucker.

The tuners are very good Kluson-type that are likely made by Ping(though I don't for sure).

I'd like to get the crimson red transparent Strat Special to go with my Tele Special of the same color.

Shockmaster likes this.
  3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    I've owned a number of those and would love to have another. They're just different enough that I like them.

Shockmaster likes this.