NGD: 2016 Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Telecaster

mazzolar59

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Apr 27, 2018
Chicago
After taking my girlfriend home Saturday, I stopped by my favorite store on earth; Chicago Music Exchange. While there I went by the trade in desk and noticed a nice looking ash tele on the wall. I asked about it and they said it just came in and hadn't been cataloged yet. I was told it's a 2016 Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Telecaster. After playing for half an hour or so, I had to have it. This is a MIM model with reverse controls. The neck feels great, and there are no marks or wear anywhere to be found.

One thing that struck me was how resonant the body is. The two piece ash body is light weight (7lbs, 10oz), and looks great to me.

The hot standard pickups are great for overdriven blues and rock tones. Not as bright as a standard telecaster but, it has it's own vibe that works for what I play. I know I've said this before but, this one's a keeper.
Check it out: (please excuse the fingerprints, I haven't cleaned it yet).

Tele1.jpg Tele2.jpg Tele3.jpg Tele4.jpg

mazzolar59

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Apr 27, 2018
Chicago
Very nice congrats!

Must be scary living close to the Exchange!

Right? LOL. I'm a 20 minute walk so, at least in the winter I don't go as often. Funny thing is; living in NJ I hadn't bought a guitar since 1986. I moved to Chicago 5 years ago this week, and I've bought 6 guitars and 3 amplifiers since moving here. Scary!

mazzolar59

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Apr 27, 2018
Chicago
I may be completely off but I thought something like that was a GC limited run. I had always wanted one. Good catch.,

I don't know about that but, this thing is really nice. I traded in my Classic Vibe 50's tele, which was pretty nice but, was really heavy (well over 9 lbs). This guitar has perfect action, it's light weight, and sounds kinda like Page's '58 when played through a cranked amp. CME did a setup on it and the intonation is surprisingly spot on, even with the three saddle bridge. Haven't put her down since bringing her home.