NGD - 2022 Custom Shop 60s 3TSB!

walter01

Strat-Talker
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Woohoo!

Scored a 2022 Custom Shop at a great price. Agonized over it for the better part of the week, then figured "Sooner or later, I'll buy one, this is a great price, and my wife will get over it"
Arrived this morning... it's been hotter than blazes last couple of weeks and the case was really warm when I pulled it out of the box, so I let it rest for a couple of hours to cool down.

Specs are 9.5" radius, Dual-Mag pickups (bass side is Alnico-5, treble is Alnico-2 bevel)
Bridge is vintage style, and surprisingly, the Custom Shop uses "Fender/Pat.Pend" saddles, rather than "Fender/Fender".
Super light... I haven't weighed it yet, but it's lighter than my '17 American Special.
Setup is great and it plays very nicely!

View attachment 580039
View attachment 580042
View attachment 580041
View attachment 580040
View attachment 580038
Tell the missus you bought it for her, but can you borrow it!?

Single Malt

Strat-Talker
Jul 22, 2014
Parker, CO
Woohoo!

Scored a 2022 Custom Shop at a great price. Agonized over it for the better part of the week, then figured "Sooner or later, I'll buy one, this is a great price, and my wife will get over it"
Arrived this morning... it's been hotter than blazes last couple of weeks and the case was really warm when I pulled it out of the box, so I let it rest for a couple of hours to cool down.

Specs are 9.5" radius, Dual-Mag pickups (bass side is Alnico-5, treble is Alnico-2 bevel)
Bridge is vintage style, and surprisingly, the Custom Shop uses "Fender/Pat.Pend" saddles, rather than "Fender/Fender".
Super light... I haven't weighed it yet, but it's lighter than my '17 American Special.

View attachment 580039
View attachment 580042
View attachment 580041
View attachment 580040
View attachment 580038
She's a beauty! I love '59s and '60s 3TSB Strats and this one is sooo clean! Post clips if you can. THX

StratoStrummer

Strat-Talker
Feb 26, 2021
Puglia
Woohoo!

View attachment 580039
View attachment 580042
View attachment 580041
View attachment 580040
View attachment 580038
Ooh just great!
I am not a huge fan of burst but this is clearly a superb instrument. Congrats for this perfect move.
Which frets are on it?