NGD 60th Anniversary Deluxe

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Stratatouille, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Stratatouille

Stratatouille Senior Stratmaster

I scored this locally last night for a great price, the seller basically wanted it gone because it was a gift from his ex-wife and after messy divorce he no longer loved it even though it was his most liked guitar of all time. He opened the case and their was a little box in it and he was like oh I am keeping this! I asked him what was in it and he said it was his wedding ring (he opened it and showed me), said he had a few too many the other day and was going to bury the guitar with the ring in it! Anyway the condition of this 15 year old stage played guitar is MINT IMO and the original case is in very good condition, anyone know what this type of case is called? Anyone happen to know what pups fender put in the 06 Deluxes? And what does the S1 switch do?

Attached Files:

2. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

Nice.

HNGD

Stratatouille likes this.
  3. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Congrats! It isn't a special edition; it's a 2006 American Deluxe - all Fenders in 2006 got that medallion for the 60th Anniversary of the founding of the company.

The S-1 switch will provide 5 additional wiring schemes when pushed down; this should be the service manual for that model (2004-2009 version); the switching is on the 2nd page of the service manual:

https://support.fender.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01111

That looks like the stock case for it.

Deafsoundguy and jbylake like this.
  4. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Very nice! HNGD:thumb:

5. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Senior Stratmaster

Cool new axe. Looks sweet.

6. Caedarn

Caedarn Strat-Talker

HNGD. I have that exact same guitar. (But looking more closely, mine is 3 TSB and yours looks 2 TSB).

Don’t love the S-1 switch to be honest, but obviously just my opinion, YMMV.

7. jbylake

jbylake Fabulously Famous Nobody Silver Member

1st, very nice guitar, Congrats. 2nd, about the medallion. My Tele has one, for the same reason. Enjoy the guitar!:D

John C likes this.
  8. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Most Honored Senior Member

The pickups should be SCN.
    Samarian cobalt noiseless.
    I love them, the internet doesn't, but I think most of the internet probably has never actually played them.

Willmunny, jbylake and John C like this.
  9. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

Push the switch in and set the five way to position one. It will give you the bridge and middle pups together like a Humbucker. Very cool guitar. HNGD!

By the way @Stratatouille, I got ride of an SG many years ago for the same reason that the guy was gonna bury it.

10. Exhead

Exhead Senior Stratmaster

Very nice guitar, enjoy it. HNGD!!

11. Cymro

Cymro Strat-Talker

That looks like the same case that came with my ‘02 American series. I’ve seen them referred to as chainsaw case. Mine had the profile of the headstock on the top. I’ve seen versions with a red rectangular Fender logo.

12. JRSIV

JRSIV Stuck in the Middle Position Silver Member

Sweet guitar, although your experience kind of sounds like the beginning of a Twilight Zone episode, "Curse of the Lovelorn Guitar" or something, lol.

Dude was going to bury his wedding ring and guitar...that must've been some woman. I don't know if you're married @Stratatouille but hopefully there's no 'Monkeys Paw' curse exchange. Good luck...

13. Stratatouille

Stratatouille Senior Stratmaster

Woah I never thought of that!!

14. fendushi

fendushi Strat-Talk Member

Very nice, love it! Congrats!

15. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Senior Stratmaster

My 2006 Delux came in a black tolex Fender case, but I got it used, so the original owner may have upgraded.
    But, the chainsaw cases are still available. I got one that can fit both my Teles and Strats, that I often use when I drive my Miata to a job. It just seems to fit the car's front seat a little easier.

16. dscottyg

dscottyg Strat-Talker

Yes. That’s the right pickups for a 2006 Deluxe HSS. I recently bought a 2006 one locally with chips and dings and dark pickguard from smoke for $700. Plays and sounds great. I thought they all had the roller nut.

17. dscottyg

dscottyg Strat-Talker

My 1999 American Standard Stratocaster has the chainsaw case with red rectangle Fender sticker. I think they changed soon after that. The 2006 Deluxe I got recently had original case without the red rectangle.

18. dscottyg

dscottyg Strat-Talker

Love that look. Like Eric Clapton’s Brownie! And abolone looking dots! Super.

19. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Most Honored Senior Member

For whatever reason, fender used a roller nut on humbucker equipped guitars, and a standard nut for s s s.

20. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

If I'm remembering correctly the red rectangle logo chainsaw cases were used on the American Standards until they were discontinued in mid-2000 and replaced by the American Series, and the American Series came with the chainsaw case with the Fender logo molded into the lid. Of course that assumes that Fender didn't run out of the red rectangle logo cases prior to the change from American Standard to American Series and start shipping the last batches of the first generation American Standards in the case with the logo molded onto the lid.

American Deluxes did come with the black tolex rectangular case for a while; the 1998 American Deluxe Strat I owned from 1998-99 came in one. Then I believe they also moved to the chainsaw case with the logo molded into the lid after the American Series came out.