NGD - '62 AVRI Surf Green

Kester

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 17, 2012
Halesowen, England
I'm a maple fretboard guy really. But I used to have one of these in Ice Blue Metallic. Sold it and realised it was the best rosewood necked Strat I'd ever played. Hankered for another ever since, bought a white 20220505_193924.jpg 20220505_193939.jpg 20220505_194021.jpg one a couple of years ago, but it didn't have the magic. This one is a little tinkered with, re-radiused to 10" and refretted but by a very reputable company. Electrics tinkered with too, original pickups but the 1st tone is a universal tone and the 2nd tone is a blend knob to bring in the neck pickup. Bottom line - it's a killer guitar.

wooders

Strat-O-Master
Nov 19, 2021
Kent
I sold a guitar years ago and had that sellers regret hankering you mention. Luckily, like you I found a replacement that not only love, I have more appreciation for.
Enjoy

thegrasshopper

Strat-Talker
Mar 15, 2021
Spain
Very nice! I've purchased a Vintage Hot Rod 62 strat las week, and man, the AVRIs are killer guitars! I understand now why people usually say they are close to the Custom Shops... Because I own a Custom Shop (and used to have other 3) and my new AVRI is equally fine! Congrats! HNGD

jpjr50

Strat-O-Master
Jun 3, 2016
Florida
Another surf green with rosewood neck thread? That's three threads I just viewed consecutively. Two with rosewood, one maple.

I prefer the dark neck on this body color. Looks so good. Well done!!

RL21980

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 10, 2014
Somewhere in the Ford Galaxy...
That's nice! HNGD! Those sound really good. 57/62s are great pickups. I just sold my AVRI 62' on reverb about a month ago. Sounded and played great. But it had a "slim C" profile and I kept having to convince myself that I liked it. I didn't. Too thin. Just didn't feel right. I don't know what or why (and don't really care) but I can move around better on a big neck than on a slim one.