NGD Am Pro II but...

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by LaughingLoon73, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Nate D

Nate D Most Honored Senior Member

The forced heat in a house will definitely result in some fret sprout. No big deal. Just get it done. I’ve had this done on most of my guitars.

Congrats on the new guitar! Looks killer.

2. Kdawg1966

Kdawg1966 Strat-Talker

Great looking guitar ya got there! Welcome to S.T. and thanks for the pics. Congrats and enjoy in good health.

3. Twin

Twin Strat-Talker

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your new guitar!

4. Fuggle

Fuggle Strat-Talker

The only criticism should be not getting a Strat with a maple fretboard! Rosewood is for heathens... :cool:

Mike Manhost67 likes this.
  5. integra evan

integra evan Senior Stratmaster

Welcome and nice one! You said it was actually a greener hue in person...so is it like a Miami Dolphins type of color, hence the name Miami Blue??

6. LaughingLoon73

LaughingLoon73 New Member!

Since I only noodled around for a short while before I took it back I don't have a fully formed opinion but, I will say the bridge and neck together sounds great. The middle position of a telecaster is a fav of mine so I was glad to see that option here and I think it sounds great and still different enough to justify still loving the tele of course. All three pickups active at once is a real full sound and I like that too. How regularly would you use it? I guess we'll find out... For me, I try to get the die hard traditionalism aside and keep an open mind. I lean traditional but I also like the idea of taking this 60+ year old design and making some natural changes to it to bring it into today. Does it NEED them? No, but for me and my playing, its nice. My two cents on the matter.

Haha, you know what, I got it because my other Fenders are both maple and I wanted a change, plus I thought it looked better with the Miami Blue.

7. LaughingLoon73

LaughingLoon73 New Member!

I'd stop short of saying its quite that teal, but it does have a little bit of that dolphins colour in it. Think sky blue meets Dolphins. I should also say I'm colour blind and the last person to give any strong advice about colour at all! lol

integra evan likes this.
  8. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Senior Stratmaster

It would take a decent tech about 10 minutes to resolve fret sprout.
    Shouldn't cost more than a bench charge.

A new guitar neck will shrink and swell a tiny little bit during the first few seasons of it's "life".
    They eventually settle down as they age.
    Once you have the ends dressed, you shouldn't have to worry about that again.

Beautiful color by the way.

9. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-O-Master

Around here this will happen in winter when the humidity is low. The good news is when you file them when the wood is dry it wont happen again.

10. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Strat-O-Master

Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice looking Strat hope they fix the sprout for you. Should be quick fix.

11. GoldenEagle0308

GoldenEagle0308 Strat-O-Master

Place your guitar within a few feet of a humidifier set to 40% humidity. If the fret sprout doesn't go away in a few weeks, then return the guitar.