NGD - AV65 Stratocaster...and she's blonde!

mimmo

Strat-Talker
Mar 15, 2015
Paris
Hi everybody

I have just been delivered (literally 10 minutes ago) this baby.

I am pretty sure you all know this guitar, so I will keep what could be a very long story, short. I have been looking for this exact model for ages, each time one popped up in the used market I seemed to miss it for a few minutes - someone was always faster than me.

Well, as I saw this beauty I didn't even think of what I was doing and my wallet got lighter in a few seconds :D

This happened two days ago, now I am the lucky owner of a beautiful, light, resonant, class-y, Fender AV65 Stratocaster, with a neck, a playability and sounds to die for. Purely and simply.

A big, BIG thanks to fellow @RadioFM74 , I can't even remember how many messages I sent to him discussing several strats, asking for his opinion. Thanks for the patience mate! :)

And now the obligatory pics or it didn't happen.
Cheers.

1.jpg

She is yellower than this, in the flesh

2.jpg

With the carton in the background

3.jpg

Last edited:

AxemanVR

I appreciate, therefore I am...
Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota USA
`
Nice.

I'm jones'n for a Sunburst AV65 but I don't care for the wood grain on the ones I've seen so far. Sooner or later I'm apt to pull the trigger though...

`

Last edited:

RadioFM74

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 5, 2016
Italy and Switzerland
I seem to recognize that guitar :D

Congrats @mimmo ! A good AV65 such as this one is a true lifer! There may be times when you'll be less drawn to the strat and more to teles or vice-versa, but just knowing you have a good 'un in the house is a warm feeling! I know it's the way I feel about my twin of your new strat!

PS: do my tired eyes deceive me or is that rosewood fretboard a perfectly uniform surface of lush deep brown? My 65 has a much more streaky board. I'm a little jealous – even though I love my strat too much to harbor any thought of ever replacing it with another 60s-style strat…

Last edited:

mimmo

Strat-Talker
Mar 15, 2015
Paris
I seem to recognize that guitar :D

PS: do my tired eyes deceive me or is that rosewood fretboard a perfectly uniform surface of lush deep brown?

Yes, I think you may have seen her before :D How right you were: I have been strat-less for too long, adding this beauty to the family rather than another tele has been a really wise decision (OMG, have I really said this? :D:D), so once more: thank you.

The rosewood colour is uniform, you are right, but I would not call it "deep brown": it's a nice piece of wood, but definitely not a head-turner :)

Stevn

Senior Stratmaster
May 31, 2017
Oxnard, CA
Hi everybody

I have just been delivered (literally 10 minutes ago) this baby.

I am pretty sure you all know this guitar, so I will keep what could be a very long story, short. I have been looking for this exact model for ages, each time one popped up in the used market I seemed to miss it for a few minutes - someone was always faster than me.

Well, as I saw this beauty I didn't even think of what I was doing and my wallet got lighter in a few seconds :D

This happened two days ago, now I am the lucky owner of a beautiful, light, resonant, class-y, Fender AV65 Stratocaster, with a neck, a playability and sounds to die for. Purely and simply.

A big, BIG thanks to fellow @RadioFM74 , I can't even remember how many messages I sent to him discussing several strats, asking for his opinion. Thanks for the patience mate! :)

And now the obligatory pics or it didn't happen.
Cheers.

View attachment 459894

She is yellower than this, in the flesh

View attachment 459895

With the carton in the background

View attachment 459896
Hot Damn!