NGD: Custom Shop 1960s NOS Stratocaster

integra evan

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2015
here
I don't suppose you have the dimensions, usually on the traveller? My 60's oval C is pretty slim. Almost too slim down the pointy end.
Dimensions are on the traveler, I'll post the measurements later when I take it out. It's slimmer on paper than it is in hand feel lol..it has pretty substantial shoulders which help fill the hand, while still keeping that nice oval shape.

Intune

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Everything about it screams 65 strat, it’s just they say 60’s instead of picking a specific year. Same thing with my CS 60’s pbass. It’s basically a 62 pbass but it’s sold as a 60’s.

They just sometimes do this for certain runs or series I think. Still yours has all the right looking appointments for 65 strat without being called a 65 strat.

How are the pickups anyway? I always wanted to try the dual mag pickups.

integra evan

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2015
here
Everything about it screams 65 strat, it’s just they say 60’s instead of picking a specific year. Same thing with my CS 60’s pbass. It’s basically a 62 pbass but it’s sold as a 60’s.

They just sometimes do this for certain runs or series I think. Still yours has all the right looking appointments for 65 strat without being called a 65 strat.

How are the pickups anyway? I always wanted to try the dual mag pickups.
I think they just call it 60s because of the 9.5" radius, jumbo frets and mop inlays. Floor traveler says 56 body shape, is that different than a 65 body shape? I also believe it was specific for Sweetwater.
The pickups are awesome. My specific ones are stratty, yet on the hotter side. Nice clarity and note separation though.

Intune

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
I think they just call it 60s because of the 9.5" radius, jumbo frets and mop inlays. Floor traveler says 56 body shape, is that different than a 65 body shape? I also believe it was specific for Sweetwater.
The pickups are awesome. My specific ones are stratty, yet on the hotter side. Nice clarity and note separation though.

Well with the custom shop you never really know for sure what’s going on. I had a CS 65 strat with a 9.5 radius, neck binding and 6105 frets. They called that a 65.

The 56 body style probably refers to deep body contours like the 50’s Strats had. Yes that’s right, the dual mags were just supposed to be a bit hotter. Either way it’s a wicked looking strat. Classic looking but slightly modern features. That’s what I love about the custom shop stuff.

integra evan

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2015
here
Well with the custom shop you never really know for sure what’s going on. I had a CS 65 strat with a 9.5 radius, neck binding and 6105 frets. They called that a 65.

The 56 body style probably refers to deep body contours like the 50’s Strats had. Yes that’s right, the dual mags were just supposed to be a bit hotter. Either way it’s a wicked looking strat. Classic looking but slightly modern features. That’s what I love about the custom shop stuff.
Thanks! I really do like it. I was immediately drawn to it when I saw it on Sweetwater's website.

Latest posts