NGD: CV Tele from 2009

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by FrieAsABird, Jun 17, 2020.

1. FrieAsABird

FrieAsABird Strat-O-Master

Hey folks,

a few weeks ago, I did what any sane person would be doing during quarantine and checked the local websites, lookin for a fix as always, when something caught my eye- a price that I could not ignore.

The ad had been posted literally four minutes before I messaged the seller and I immediately offered paying online to pick it up later. He happily agreed, although later was quite obviously a term to be defined...
    Having paid on a Sunday evening, I had to wait four agonizing days of anticipation until I was finally able to reap what I had sowed, so to speak.

Upon arrival, I noticed a few things: First, the case that came with the guitar was about as much as I paid for the whole package. Second, this baby has been played- a lot. And that's a good sign to me, just as Clapton said about his criteria for choosing a guitar back in the day: If its worn, its been played, and if its been played, its gotta be good. I didn't spend more than two minutes there, having paid already and all that, and I left with a grin.

Back home, I inspected it closer and realized that I was gonna have to give it a deep clean, which I did with glee. Most of it came right off, but the frets were still rough, so I polished them a bit and now I am pretty stoked about it! I got it for a steal, the lowest I have ever seen one go- sometimes, chronically having to look at gear pays off! IMG_4246.JPG

2. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

They truly are very good guitars worth every penny and more. I own three CVs.

It's also nice to hear someone use the logic that if it's been played it must be a decent guitar. I've bought quite a few used guitars and as long as they were well maintained I hope they had been played and given someone else their satisfaction as well. Some "closet queens" became that for a reason.

Martin Mim and FrieAsABird like this.
  3. dogletnoir

dogletnoir V----V

White blonde finish over pine body?

FrieAsABird likes this.
  4. grritz

grritz Still 17 between the ears Silver Member

Suhweet!!!

FrieAsABird likes this.
  5. FrieAsABird

Yes, as far as I know it is! Looks Great in my opinion.

6. FrieAsABird

Thanks!

7. uncle daddy

uncle daddy Strat-Talker

I prefer the CV to the MIM standard. The build quality is the same, but I like the slim neck on the CV, plus you get "Tonerider" alnico pickups. The new Indonesia CV have a generic fender alnico- I've yet to try those.

I find the poly finish super grippy on the necks; in conjunction with the low frets, bending is a bit problematic for me, but green 3m sorts it out.

FrieAsABird likes this.
  8. dogletnoir

dogletnoir V----V

:thumb: :thumb:
    i have the same body on one of my Teles, along with a Baja Telecaster neck and
    a Seymour Duncan Jazz pickup in the neck position.
    it's a bit heavier than i would like at 9 lbs so i don't use it very often, but it does
    sound pretty good imo.

FrieAsABird likes this.
  9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

HNGD !

I love blondes ;)

FrieAsABird likes this.
  10. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Strat-O-Master

Congrats, looks just like mine. Enjoy.

FrieAsABird likes this.