NGD! Eko Ranger VI

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by HighwayStar106, Aug 3, 2020.

1. HighwayStar106

HighwayStar106 Senior Stratmaster

2. Deathray

Deathray Senior Stratmaster

I don’t know anything about Eko guitars, but the pickguard alone has my interest! Sweet inlays, too! HNGD!

3. sadmoodyfrazier

sadmoodyfrazier Senior Stratmaster

I don't know if you are italian or not but I'm overly happy if you are not. Honestly I don't like 6 strings eko rangers. 12 strings are way better. Mine is a 12 string and I love it even if, actually, is a piece of **** guitar. I've payed it less than 200 euros but, man, it sounds just like a 12 string should. Because it's deaf. You know... 12 strings ringing are a lot of strings and way better made guitars make a mess. I have a Martin clone Sigma which is a solid top but sounds way worst than my eko ranger just because it rings too much. On my Eko I can hit the strings hard as much as I want and it's never a mess. I've had a musical instruments shop once upon a time and I've had a lot of instruments under my hands and I have to say that there is no better 12 strings guitar than the EKO RANGER. I hope you like 6 strings one because i didn't. Maybe 6 strings are not enough for a guitar that dull. This was my feeling. But if you like it, man, I'm happy for you. An Eko Ranger is for life. No question about this. If you discover the beautyness of an Eko Ranger you're done and there will be no other guitar unless you play an Eko Ranger. Period.

4. JB74

JB74 Senior Stratmaster

HNGD!

5. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

6. HighwayStar106

HighwayStar106 Senior Stratmaster

Well I like this one, but I suppose it could have just been made on a good day! I've played better guitars, but it's very nice for something that only cost about £200 new.

I didn't have time earlier, but here's the full story: my brother bought this brand new last year, and it pretty much sat in its case ever since because he found it too bulky - the body's so thick it's ridiculous, I reckon it's about about as thick as 4 ES-335s! Anyway, I happened to have a hollowbody electric that he liked and that I wasn't using, so he offered me a swap. Chances are he'll have changed his mind by next week, when he remembers that I got that hollowbody for free... :D I should at least have time to give the Eko a desperately needed restring and setup.

7. Hugh

Hugh Got Cluck ?

Cool ! I love those butterbean tuners and zero fret.