NGD : It turned out to be legit! - Surf Green Content!

dreamingstrat

Strat-O-Master
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Well, first of all, I posted a thread asking for thoughts on the 57 AVRI, and also the authenticity. I’m no stranger to AVRI and I know what to look for, but I’m mostly a Telecaster addict and not into Strats so i really have no idea if this was legit.

Fender confirmed it so thats great. Here’s that thread before: https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/avri-57-stratocaster-whats-the-concensus.583057/

Second it’s a long distance trade so i wasnt sure if its a scam. He agreed to send first before I send mine as he proposed the trade. And today it came and it turned out to be real. Lol.
I was not totally expecting this guitar to be as nice as it is.

I dont even like one-piece maple neck Fenders. I’m a rosewood kinda guy, but dang, the profile on this neck is amazing.

Okay, so this is a 2011 Fender ‘57 AVRI in Surf Green i got in a trade. Its in players condition, but it looks like light relic model. Its real play wear from a gentleman who gigs this guitar and is a staple in his rotation. But its weird in a way that the neck is pristine. Lol. I thought this is a scam because it’s a long distance trade but it turns out to be legit.

Case reeks of cigarette smell. And nitro smells funky. Lol

Anyway, I cleaned it up as it was filthy as, and put 11-52’s, then set it up. here’s the photos for those who likes visual stimulation.

Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Last edited:

dilver

Strat-Talker
Jan 22, 2009
nj
Nice! Glas to hear your trade deal went well. Restores my faith in the guitar community.

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
Congrats! Glad you got it, that's a very nice Strat. Very natural wear and tear for a guitar that was in a regular rotation for a decade.

Latest posts