1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

NGD - Joe Bonamassa '58 Black Beauty

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by CB91710, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Handsome McClane

Handsome McClane Strat-Talker

That's cool. Congrats.

CB91710 likes this.
  2. CB91710

CB91710 CB91710 in a Legible Font Double Platinum Supporting Member

I've only run it for an hour or so through the Fly-3... haven't really opened it up yet, but so far, I'm happy with it as it is and don't see a need to change out the Probuckers.

3. jbylake

jbylake Regular Dude Silver Member

Great! Would love to hear it. Congrats!

4. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Strat-Talker

Oh yeah! That's way cool! I always wondered if one can get all three, front and back, just middle pickup positions, etc....

5. TomH8

TomH8 Senior Stratmaster

3 volumes (one for each pickup) and a master tone. Middle position has all pickups on, but you can roll down whichever volume you’d like to get all possibilities. That’s what I would do.

great looking guitar

6. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Strat-Talker

Oh cool. I always wondered how those worked. Thanks. It sounds like a great setup.

7. CB91710

3-V 1-T is a modification.
    Gibson factory wiring is neck only, bridge and middle out of phase, and bridge only.
    2-V and 2-T, standard Les Paul wiring.

I have heard that some Epiphone models may have used a 3rd volume control as a blender for the middle pickup, but that eliminates the 2nd tone control, and then with the middle pickup being out of phase, it still wouldn't be like a Strat.

LPC.jpg

Cali Dude likes this.
  8. Randy_Lahey

Randy_Lahey Strat-Talker

Love it! I have a black Custom Pro that I love. Have been considering this but I’m worried I won’t like the 50’s neck profile.

9. CB91710

It is an interesting profile.
    Compared to my 2020 SG, it's a tad thicker, but the back seems flatter... it's more of a "D" profile than the clean "C" of the SG, so it feels a bit thinner.
    I do like the more rounded profile of the SG a bit more, but I don't dislike this one... it's just different. My preference is actually more the deep V profile, so I like my necks thick, but more narrow in the palm.

10. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Strat-Talker

just weighed mine, 9 pounds 2.9 ounces. I really like the neck profile but my caliper has dead battery so I can't measure it yet. I've been playing it unplugged all afternoon, and really enjoying it. This is growing on me the more I play it.

CB91710 likes this.