NGD Nashville Tele

Dewey

Most Honored Senior Member
Mar 2, 2010
Bellingham, Wa.
I woke up this morning up to no good so, against my better judgement I started looking at CL.

I come across this MIM Tele. I write the guy a note and started haggling with him.
He kept saying it's new. I'm thinking that's what they all say.

This guy was about eighteen and foreign exchange student from Vietnam so he was just learning English.

He said he bought the guitar for someone he knows in Vietnam. When he tried to ship it to him he found out the freight plus import tax was more than he could afford so he put the guitar on CL.

I drove about forty miles one way to look at the guitar. When I got close I phoned him and he said he would meet me in the parking lot and that he would bring the box out. I'm thinking what box?

So here comes this kid with a Fender box. We started talking and then I noticed the box was sealed tight staples and all straight from the factory.

I had a knife in my backpack and I opened the box.

I must admit I was astonished when I opened it and saw the fine looking tort on CAR.

The guitar plays well and probably won't need much in the way of a setup.

I doubt that'll happen ever again :)

Sorry about the poor pictures these are the pics the seller posted on CL.

I'd take some more pictures but I had to take my camera to the pawnshop so I could buy the Tele.

Attachments

• 3Kd3F33Jb5L15N55M8d4ja4bd1546fc891708.jpg
    3Kd3F33Jb5L15N55M8d4ja4bd1546fc891708.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 424
  • 3E93Kb3Lf5Ef5Fc5J6d4j2768902e5fc0174a.jpg
    3E93Kb3Lf5Ef5Fc5J6d4j2768902e5fc0174a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 143
  • 3M53J63H95E55M85J1d4j0d50f02425f11dc2.jpg
    3M53J63H95E55M85J1d4j0d50f02425f11dc2.jpg
    634 bytes · Views: 281
  • 3E53N83H25O65G65Efd4j8bc2e6e9e48612e9.jpg
    3E53N83H25O65G65Efd4j8bc2e6e9e48612e9.jpg
    855 bytes · Views: 273

stevierayfan91

DEEPLY SHY.
Feb 20, 2011
Private.
hi, Dewey-Buddy :) .

Happy New Tele Day..I like that. The bridge pickup on Tele is one of my fave sounds.
the Nashvilles have special switching I think.

oakhills

Strat Cat
Aug 7, 2009
Bay Area
Congrats Dewey, I have always wanted a tele with a middle pickup. Also, for Craigslist pictures, they are really nice; most of the time, you see sloppy, unfocused pictures

Dewey

Mar 2, 2010
Bellingham, Wa.
hi, Dewey-Buddy :) .

Happy New Tele Day..I like that. The bridge pickup on Tele is one of my fave sounds.
the Nashvilles have special switching I think.

Thanks srf! The switching difference is the 5 way.
I had to let my last Tele go to buy tires for my 4Runner.
I love the Tele bridge pup too.

Congrats Dewey, I have always wanted a tele with a middle pickup. Also, for Craigslist pictures, they are really nice; most of the time, you see sloppy, unfocused pictures
Right on oak :) I guess those are pretty good pictures. I miss my camera already though. I took a small loan. I'll have it back in two weeks.
Three pups in a Tele... what a great idea :)

Love the color. Hope it's a dream.

I love CAR too. This seems like it's a much nicer guitar than the last MIM Tele I had.
I appreciate your comment Ch Willie!

64 Tele

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2013
NW Arkansas
That looks kind of familiar.......If it's as nice as the one I have, you're going to love it.

You do know you're on a Strat Forum.....:?:

Attachments

• Brad's toy 299.jpg
    Brad's toy 299.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 207

OLDGREYGIT

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 7, 2011
Surrey
How 'stratty' are the inbetween positions?
I have both a Strat and a bitza Tele, but would dearly like a plank that combines the Tele bridge with the Strat inbetween tones.
Does look like you came in with a good one there!

64 Tele

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2013
NW Arkansas
I have both a Strat and a bitza Tele, but would dearly like a plank that combines the Tele bridge with the Strat inbetween tones.

From 1983 to 2002, I had a '57 Strat RI. This Nashville I bought does "Strat" in between sounds better than my '57 RI EVER did. ;)

Dewey

Mar 2, 2010
Bellingham, Wa.
That looks kind of familiar.......If it's as nice as the one I have, you're going to love it.

You do know you're on a Strat Forum.....:?:

Beautiful. I really like the colour combo.

Not to sound like a smart aleck but this here is a freaking Tele forum. ;)

Dewey

Mar 2, 2010
Bellingham, Wa.

Right on.

I haven't dialed the pups in yet.
They're Tex Mex. I've never liked em.
I'll give em a chance till the new pups go in.

jimmiraz

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
Awesome guitar man.
I have the same guitar though i've made some changes.
I swithced the bridge to the modern 6 block saddle style for more comfortable playing.
A black pickguard with a crome cover for the middle single coil pickup.
I added a push/pull pot on the tone control for neck and bridge or all three pickups together.

I also went with a new American Special maple neck, with locking tuners.
I originally bought the new loaded body to mount my old 67 neck but didn't like the feel.
I decided to go another direction with the old neck.

The thing I was surprised most about the guitar is how much I liked the Tex Mex pickups.
I didn't like them in a Strat I tried but I took a liking to these pups right away.
I say give them a chance, I like them just fine for now anyway. LOL!
I really like the inbetween sounds with these pups.

Consider installing a Push/pull switch, I think it was well wort the $13 dollars and the bit of time to install it for the extra pickup combos.
It's just not a Tele in my mind if you can't get bridge and neck pickup together.
I'm surprised Fender doesn't put one in from the start.

Any way man, enjoy the guitar it's lovely in my eyes.
I have a hard time putting mine down, i'm really liking it.

Sorry to hear about the Tin Man, that was a sweet guitar as well...

Last edited:

64 Tele

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2013
NW Arkansas
Beautiful. I really like the colour combo.

Not to sound like a smart aleck but this here is a freaking Tele forum. ;)

I do also have a Strat.....but my first Fender was a 1964 Tele (hence the handle)....;)

Attachments

• 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Guitars 002.jpg
    Guitars 002.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 103

OLDGREYGIT

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 7, 2011
Surrey
Put those legs away at once, you will frighten the horses and the domestic staff.
Arf.
The call of a Nashville style tele gets louder and louder!
My Pinecaster is fun, but it's a bit of a tearaway, so I fancy a bit of sophistication.
From a Tele? Sophistication, what was I thinking....
Sonic Blue, maple neck, white pearloid guard............
If I can have the 'thrutch' of a tele bridge, with the inbetween of a good Strat, then who knows....

stratman323

Dr. Stratster
Apr 21, 2010
London, UK
Right on.

I haven't dialed the pups in yet.
They're Tex Mex. I've never liked em.
I'll give em a chance till the new pups go in.

Nice guitar, congratulations. I have a late 90s California Series Tele that comes with a neck Strat pickup, & I'm trying to decide whether to get it routed for a Strat middle pickup. It just makes it all so much more versatile.

Mine has Tex-Mexes as well, & I'm surprised how good they sound. I'm reluctant to change them. What will you be fitting instead?

Dewey

Mar 2, 2010
Bellingham, Wa.
Awesome guitar man.
I have the same guitar though i've made some changes.
I swithced the bridge to the modern 6 block saddle style for more comfortable playing.
A black pickguard with a crome cover for the middle single coil pickup.
I added a push/pull pot on the tone control for neck and bridge or all three pickups together.

I also went with a new American Special maple neck, with locking tuners.
I originally bought the new loaded body to mount my old 67 neck but didn't like the feel.
I decided to go another direction with the old neck.

The thing I was surprised most about the guitar is how much I liked the Tex Mex pickups.
I didn't like them in a Strat I tried but I took a liking to these pups right away.
I say give them a chance, I like them just fine for now anyway. LOL!
I really like the inbetween sounds with these pups.

Consider installing a Push/pull switch, I think it was well wort the $13 dollars and the bit of time to install it for the extra pickup combos.
It's just not a Tele in my mind if you can't get bridge and neck pickup together.
I'm surprised Fender doesn't put one in from the start.

Any way man, enjoy the guitar it's lovely in my eyes.
I have a hard time putting mine down, i'm really liking it.

Sorry to hear about the Tin Man, that was a sweet guitar as well...

Hey jimmi, thanks for the comment. I think I might just leave this alone.
It sounds like it's up to par.

I'm considering a fret level. I usually don't but all things considered a fret level is all it needs for now to be sweet.

I had Tex Mex pups in aq retarded Strat one time. That thing had more problems than I do :)

Right on jimmi.

Dewey

Mar 2, 2010
Bellingham, Wa.
Nice guitar, congratulations. I have a late 90s California Series Tele that comes with a neck Strat pickup, & I'm trying to decide whether to get it routed for a Strat middle pickup. It just makes it all so much more versatile.

Mine has Tex-Mexes as well, & I'm surprised how good they sound. I'm reluctant to change them. What will you be fitting instead?

Thanks stratman.
They do sound pretty good don't they.

If I do change them I'd be tempted to go with Allens.
I keep saying that and one of these days I will. :)

Desert strat

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 10, 2011
Tanami Desert, Australia
HNTD Dewey, Great score !!!! I was looking at a Nash for a while, I finally put a bid on one and got beat by $5.00, it was a real nice Tele, I ended up getting A Tele Delux instead, either way I got a good one but I had my eye on the Nashville. Hope you enjoy it !! :)