Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD: Scored a Taylor 310

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by mduganjr, Nov 10, 2017.

1. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    I browse local classifieds from time to time looking for interesting guitars and electronics. I finally found a guitar that I might be able to make money on, or just keep it and play it and enjoy it. I got a good deal. The guy who had it said it was given to him and he let his kids play with it a while and then they lost interest so it's been in his closet for a few years.

At first I thought it might be a fake or something, you know the old "If it's too good to be true" but it seems legit. The strings are terrible and it needs a cleaning, but overall it's in pretty decent shape.

After some detective work it's a 2001, and it has that nice older wood smell when you open the case. I can't wait to put some strings on this thing and hear it for real.

I know it's hard to tell from this picture, but what would you guys think as far as value? From what I've seen you can barely sniff a Taylor for under $500.

[​IMG]

ocean, JustABluesGuy, circles and 3 others like this.

2. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Nice! HNGD!

3. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    Very nice, happy NGD.

4. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

Feb 18, 2014
    Crystal Lake, Il
    No clue on value, i purchased my second Taylor memorial day weekend. It is a 214ce Deluxe and it was just under $1,000 after taxes.

That guitar looks wonderful i am sure you will love it. HNGD!

5. stratman in va

stratman in va Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 27, 2012
    Virginia
    The 310 or the similar DN3 model usually go for $700 to $900 used. You scored a guitar with all solid woods! The ones you usually get for under $500 are the 110 or 114 models, and the Big Baby and Baby.

I recently got a used 110E (2003 model) that needed some work, for $230 and fixed it up. It should be worth about $400 or so.

That case looks similar to the one I got with the 110 - does it have a place to add a padlock?

6. 2-Finger

2-Finger Strat-O-Master

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    Indeed, I would have said $800 used according to the results of a quick online research...

7. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    Thanks for all the replies. I put strings on it and cleaned it up the other night, but the action was super high. It does have a really nice warm sound to it though.

I dropped it off today with a local luthier. They are going to adjust the neck and do any necessary fretwork to make it play like new. He said better than new actually.

Once I get it back, I'll enjoy the heck out of it until someone wants to buy it from me :)

EDIT: I'll have to check the case for the padlock spot. The case is certainly dirty. I plan to clean it up as well.

8. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    After doing some more research, I think I'll ask $700 locally and take $650 if I can get it.

Cheers!

9. stratman in va

stratman in va Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 27, 2012
    Virginia

I got a 110 a couple weeks back. That neck adjustment is easy... Taylors are designed to be reset easily.

There is a 310 on CL in NC that is $700 or $750. I think you can get $700 for yours. If I had the cash free, would be tempted to buy yours!! 300 Series / old model DN3 is where the Taylors get really good with the solid woods.

mduganjr likes this.

10. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    It does have a nice mellow sound. It's hard to describe. It's buttery but crisp if that makes any sense. When I picked it up from the guitar store I just sat in a courtyard and played it for 45 minutes.

I think if someone on this board wanted to buy it, I'd do $575 plus shipping. Just give a little Strat fan discount.

I haven't posted it here or anything, trying to see if I get any local traction first.