NGD, Sterling By Musicman (Just when I thought I had beaten GAS)

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by axejock, Oct 15, 2021.

1. axejock

axejock Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

I have an Ernie Ball Albert Lee "high end" guitar that is one of my favorites. I have been thinking about trying one of the lower end Sterling import versions that also come under the Musicman name, but at considerably less cost. Then I saw the new release of the Cutlass model in a color called "Rose Gold" (actually sort of a mauve color) and got sucked in. The thing is beautiful, has a roasted maple neck, locking tuners, rosewood fretboard, poplar body, HSS pickup arrangement (which are only identified as proprietary), only two pots (volume and tone), a 5 way switch, and, of course, a tremolo bridge. The fit and finish are near perfect, and it is very comfortable to hold and play. The tones are great, and it is really a knockout to look at (very much like a Strat). We'll see how it "wears" on me over the coming weeks, but for just getting it out of the box today, and doing minor set-up and tuning actions, it was ready to go....it was close to proper set-up right out of the box. Here are some pictures from the listing:

cutless3.jpg cutlass5.jpg

JJ119, Henry2, Cali Dude and 5 others like this.
  2. dreamingstrat

dreamingstrat Strat-Talker

I saw this color first hand.. its beautiful..

axejock likes this.
  3. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster Platinum Supporting Member Silver Member

that's hot

axejock likes this.
  4. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Strat-O-Master

I had a Sterling Albert lee that played and sounded great. Sadly, I sold it...

axejock likes this.