NGD! SX SST57 Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by valvestate, Nov 20, 2020 at 1:56 AM.

1. valvestate

valvestate Strat-Talker

Thanks Mervyn

The tuners are absolutely stable. I abuse my trem arm a lot as part of my playing style but it doesn't go out of tune that much. I've set mine flat on the body though and replaced with 9-46s

2. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

From what I've heard, these are about the best cheapo Strat you can get. I like chunky necks, so it would be tops on my list for a budget buy. Does anyone know exactly how chunky they are?

Caddy and valvestate like this.
  3. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

Considerably chunkier than the average Squier C neck. It feels especially chunky and wide on the first frets. I would call it a full C or something. It's hard to describe the feel of a neck. If you've ever played a Baja neck, try to imagine it without the slight V (which it almost doesn't have anyway) and maybe a flatter board (10 or 12 inch radius I would guess). Maybe it's 9.5 but from my memory it felt flatter than my 9.5 inch boards.

Lone Woof likes this.
  4. Stratattack72

Stratattack72 Strat-O-Master

I got a sunburst one for 25 bucks from someone selling it for their dead brother. It had some chips in the finish I filled in with furniture marker. It's probably my ideal strat having owned a lot of Fenders I like the neck on this one the best it's chunky with jumbo frets making it a real joy to play . 10's feel like 9's on it . Bending is effortless . I wish I could find another deal on one. They also punch way above their price point. I'd gig this as is . I won't change anything on mine. Which is rare for me !

rafasounds and valvestate like this.
  5. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

i had the natural swamp ash sx for a while before i sold it to a friend of mine that fell in love with it(mainly cause i had too many natural strats at the time).Gorgeous guitar,perfect looks and finish,3 bolts, binded fretboard and its radius i believe was around 13 inches....

[​IMG]

rafasounds and valvestate like this.
  6. valvestate

valvestate Strat-Talker

Yes, I also saw this from the store and it does indeed look great! It is slightly more expensive though.. I dunno why.

I'm considering in purchasing this in time and also the Candy Apple Red. ;) They're just dan sound good...

7. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

Maybe for things like the swamp ash body,sexy finish,the binding on the fretboard...who knows....its neck shape def wasnt a C shape, more like a soft V if i remember and not thick at all...its not the same as this guitar here.With those its case by case....the one in my pic is a three bold with a uber flat radius but not jumbo frets for example....and just now that i noticed...their prices went up ....i would much prefer the one the threadstarter posted if i was to buy something like that again.

8. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

I gigged in a professional band with an SX Strat in Sunburst, which had Fender Vintage Noiseless Pickups, from 2011 to 2012, almost a full year if I remember correctly. It did what it's supposed to do very well. Only sold it go get a Squier Classic Vine 50s, which was a big improvement, but the SX isn't bad.

9. Vinny29

Vinny29 Strat-Talk Member

Would anyone know how flat these are ? 12, 14 ?? I really like 9.5, could probably live with 12, 14 is too flat. I an intrigued with the necks on these, nice and chunky. Could anyone describe them in comparison to a Squier SE neck?