NGD To my surprise, I really like it...sort of.

Markbuffyfan

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 15, 2019
United kingdom
I’m not a fan of the large headstocks either it’s all horses for courses I had a deluxe roundhouse strat I thought little of but the guy I sold it to loves it . He even sent me a thank you note the week after.

Slartybartfast

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Ca.
So a local trader/seller was after an amp that I had taken in trade. He loved it, he said...always wanted one.

Anyway, I ended up letting him have it for a 2017 Deluxe Strat in return. I was intrigued by the 12" neck radius.

The body was a really nice ash covered in translucent blonde. It's got a 22 fret neck and 2 point trem like the other Player Series Strats, but they no longer are called 'Deluxe Player Strat'. It has the contoured neck heel.. I'm pretty sure that someone removed a set of Fender locking tuners which should've been there stock.

As for the electronics. That leaves a little to be desired. The Vintage Noiseless pickups sound good, but nothing to write home about. That will be dealt with simply because I'm loving the 12" fingerboard! Hell, it's just easier to play for me.

I guess I actually bought a really nice body and neck, eh? BTW, I really dislike the large headstock. Still. Lol.
Was thinking of getting one, mostly because of the radius but because the Sunburst, rosewood and big headstock reminds me of Hendrix' post Monterey Strats.