NGD! WOOO! 1st T-style!

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Just came in. Not sure how I like it yet. It doesn't appear to need anything setup wise, just like the last two DLX Plus guitars I bought. D'addario strings. Actions low. Fret ends don't need any attention. Already intonated...and spot on. It looks really good. Sounds great, too. It's got a decently fat neck on it. The maple looks good.

I thought I took more pics than this but I guess not. I'll have to take a few more. No, that's not a huge gap next to the neck in the neck pocket. That shadow just makes it appear that way.

Edit: a 0.48mm pick will slide into it solidly so apparently it's about .5mm wide. I might have to shim that at some point. I'm not at all worried about it. It could go untouched for the next 5 yrs lol

20220924_131334.jpg 20220924_131406.jpg 20220924_131626.jpg 20220924_131619.jpg

Last edited:

StratUp

Dr. Stratster
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
Well, this thing is quite heavy. It weighs 9.58 lbs(4.34 kg), which is only a few ounces less than my heaviest guitar. Seems like it might take a bit to get used to this one.

I have an 11# LP here that's asking "Bro, do you even lift?". 😆

Looks great. Frets look fantastic. But I'd color those D'Addario string ends black with a sharpie. That's my policy.

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
I have 2 of the Indio TL's, a blonde & 3TSB. The blonde has a similar gap to your Blonde. The 3TSB is as good as any of the Squier & Epiphones for neck pocket fitment. Both Indio play as good as any other brand of guitar I've ever handled. I'm impressed with Monoprice's $ 100 Chinese instruments. The one's I bought are Rosewood fretboard, 6 individual saddle bridges, & string thru body.

Last edited:

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
I have 2 of the Indio TL's, a blonde & 3TSB. The blonde has a similar gap to your Blonde. The 3TSB is as good as any of the Squier & Epiphones for neck pocket fitment. Both Indio play as good as any other brand of guitar I've ever handled. I'm impressed with Monoprice's $ 100 Chinese instruments. The one's I bought are Rosewood fretboard, 6 individual saddle bridges, & string thru body.

I only paid 160(149 +tax) for this. Normal price is 199. I had initially planned on ordering the model for $109 and then I saw this on sale through their Walmart store so I put up another $40 and ordered it. I'm more than satisfied. That $40 got me a hell of a setup, frets that need zero attention, Wilkinson alnico pickups, brass saddles, and an ash body. Action on this thing is lower than any guitar I have currently, also. I was shocked at how low it is, TBH. It plays great!

I COULD NOT pass that up. Especially when I've wanted one of these blonde DLX Pluses since they released it earlier this year. Until that point, there was only the Retro Classic for 109 in blonde/blk, which I fully planned on buying at some point until the DLX came out.

I thought this one was going to have a rosewood fretboard but I was looking at the wrong pics lol. I'd love to have one of these bodies with a rosewood neck and string thru. Oh well. This one will be just fine.

It does have 1 scratch in the fretboard that I'm not even worried about. It had black in it when I got it so it looked a lot worse than it actually is. I cleaned it all up and it basically disappears. I surely won't lose sleep over it lol. It's a fine guitar and I'll likely put 50 of those in it by this time next year so why fret? :cool:;)

I did learn what no to do with it on my maple Silvertone. It had a similar scratch in it and I assumed the wood wasn't finished. Turns out I was wrong. So I shaved through the clear coat with a razor blade and exposed bare wood like an idiot, turning it darker than the rest of the fretboard. I thought I was shaving down the surrounding wood to even it with the lowest part of the scratch. Nope. I finally fixed the finish I removed with super glue but the dark spot remains. So, I won't try to shave this one down. I learned my lesson last time 😁

20220924_131650.jpg

Last edited:

HazyPurple

You've gotta get up!, to get down!
May 5, 2020
UK
Well, this thing is quite heavy. It weighs 9.58 lbs(4.34 kg), which is only a few ounces less than my heaviest guitar. Seems like it might take a bit to get used to this one.
The sustain of these boat anchors soothes my lumbago...

HNGD, well done

Chipss36

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 1, 2018
Texas
I have never cared for the look of a tele, yet as of last few years my #1 guitar is a …….tele….. I owned a few and did not get what people saw in them, until I got the right tele, and don mare wound me some killer pickups that took that guitar over the top, the best sounding guitar I have ever owned, has a clarity like no other, dirty or clean, lol. And just wonderful tone. All positions, It’s light and easy on the back as well, love that guitar. I still find the tele ugly though…lol
enjoy the new tele man….

gretev

Strat-O-Master
Oct 22, 2013
Switzerland
Just came in. Not sure how I like it yet. It doesn't appear to need anything setup wise, just like the last two DLX Plus guitars I bought. D'addario strings. Actions low. Fret ends don't need any attention. Already intonated...and spot on. It looks really good. Sounds great, too. It's got a decently fat neck on it. The maple looks good.

I thought I took more pics than this but I guess not. I'll have to take a few more. No, that's not a huge gap next to the neck in the neck pocket. That shadow just makes it appear that way.

Edit: a 0.48mm pick will slide into it solidly so apparently it's about .5mm wide. I might have to shim that at some point. I'm not at all worried about it. It could go untouched for the next 5 yrs lol

View attachment 594588 View attachment 594589 View attachment 594590 View attachment 594591

Awesome! Is it an ash body or alder? Do you know what kind of frets are on it? Vintage or 6105?

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Awesome! Is it an ash body or alder? Do you know what kind of frets are on it? Vintage or 6105?

Ash body. I'll measure the frets and see what they match up to.

Edit: Looks like 0.115"x0.045" so something like 6115, a cross between 6110 & 6120 in the Dunlop chart below. It's basically 6110 but about 0.005" shorter. As flat/level as these are, I'd suspect a level and crown during setup. So they could've started as 6110.

Screenshot_20220925-052616_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: