NGD Xotic XCS1

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by tatoo, Apr 28, 2021.

1. tatoo

tatoo Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

I pulled a trigger on this one and currently we are getting to know each other.
    This was a blind purchase and I will try to be as objective as possible...still YMMW and all that jazz.

Quality is ... just killer.
    Fretwork is fantastic. I plek my guitars and in this case there is absolutely no need. Whoever did the frets I can only say kudos.
    I am aware that relic and in this case extreme one is a divisive topic so I will leave it to your own opinion.

Neck profile is a bit thinner, just a tad, than I usually chose. My ideal neck is the one on AO 60 Strat and this is just a bit smaller. However, jumbo frets and wider neck compensate for that and getting used to it took a minute or two.
    Guitar resonates like nothing I played before. Just crazy.

Finally the pickups... Vintage 60 are killer. These have such sweetness and they are totally devoid of any shrillness we are all familar with. They do have punch though.
    Through Silver Jubilee or Two Rock it sounds amazing. Clean, dirty and all in between.

I can strongly recommend Xotic to anyone looking for a S style outside of big F.
    I am lifelong Fender fan and will always be but this is quite an instrument.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    CRobbins, Cali Dude, Malurkey and 6 others like this.
  2. Ruscio

Ruscio Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

This looks great, the neck in particular is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your impressions on the specs + build quality.

Lewbypls and tatoo like this.
  3. BlacknBlue

BlacknBlue Strat-O-Master

I've always wanted to try one of these and have heard nothing but good about them.

Have to say the relic job does not look very convincing at all, but if you like it that is all that matters.

tatoo likes this.
  4. tatoo

Yep, relic or in this case super heavy relic is polarizing issue but I don’t mind since it plays like a dream.

Impulsive guppy likes this.
  5. Impulsive guppy

Impulsive guppy Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Nice guitar!

Are the pickups Raw Vintage?

6. tatoo

Yep, RW 60.

7. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

That neck looks really nice man, congrats. That body on the other hand.:D I like your description of “extreme” relic because it is certainly on the extreme end of the scale, as in super acidic sweat played every day for 40 years or tumbled down a mountainside repeatedly, but if it plays as well as you say it does, rock on! That neck looks sweet!

tatoo likes this.
  8. CRobbins

CRobbins Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

Congrats.

tatoo likes this.