Nice Going, Amazon.

Robonarc

Strat-O-Master
Jan 24, 2022
Canada
So I ordered some parts from Amazon. Nothing spectacular, just some jack plates and other related hardware for an amp head and cab project I'm working on. But I did it in secret because I didn't want my wife to see that I was ordering more guitar related stuff since I told her I was cutting back on indulging my hobbies amidst other financial obligations. To be fair, I only told her I wouldn't buy any more guitars. But anyways, I ordered it on Amazon last night and it said it was expected to ship in 3 to 4 days. I even put the shipping address as my mom's place so she wouldn't see an Amazon package arriving for me. Well early this morning I get a notification on my phone from Amazon that my package has shipped and she saw it before I did. Nice going, Amazon. 🙄

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
So I ordered some parts from Amazon. Nothing spectacular, just some jack plates and other related hardware for an amp head and cab project I'm working on. But I did it in secret because I didn't want my wife to see that I was ordering more guitar related stuff since I told her I was cutting back on indulging my hobbies amidst other financial obligations. To be fair, I only told her I wouldn't buy any more guitars. But anyways, I ordered it on Amazon last night and it said it was expected to ship in 3 to 4 days. I even put the shipping address as my mom's place so she wouldn't see an Amazon package arriving for me. Well early this morning I get a notification on my phone from Amazon that my package has shipped and she saw it before I did. Nice going, Amazon. 🙄
Lol. I have at least a half dozen "secret guitars". Not cheap ones either.

At least you're not buying drugs with the money you spent on guitar stuff.

Last edited:

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
Man, you’re in the Dog House now!

I don’t even have to ask my wife to buy guitars or related gear. Just today a new amp head showed up.

Sometimes she buys me guitars, like back in April for my birthday.

It’s a shame she snooped on your phone. Buy her a necklace and take her out for dinner. You will be okay.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon

At least your not buying drugs with the money you spent in guitar stuff.

That’s what my wife says, at least I’m not doing drugs, getting drunk at the bar, or cheating. As long as I don’t do those 3 things, I can do anything else I want.

That and the fact that I supported her for a number of years before we even got married. I really feel for you other guys.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
I have also bought drug related stuff on Amazon recently. Nutrients for my pot plants. But that's actually a money saver in the long run since I grow my own, I won't have to buy any at retail prices. That's called an investment.😉
Does weed even count as drugs anymore. Wife doesn’t care if I do that. But, she was married to a guy that was an alcoholic and molested her daughter when she was young. That MF makes me look like a Saint.

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
Amazon sucks crusty camel nether regions and nearby orifices. My LAST vendor of choice.

Does weed even count as drugs anymore.
Sure does in post prohibition mindset Pennsylvania. Utah with its notable religious sect are more likely to make it legal at this point. Do not think PA will relent in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
I have also bought drug related stuff on Amazon recently. Nutrients for my pot plants. But that's actually a money saver in the long run since I grow my own, I won't have to buy any at retail prices. That's called an investment.😉
Yeah...... But..... You didn't spend "that money" on drug stuff. Lol 😉👈

Actually, I have to adjust my secret guitar count. I've slowly filtered a few into the wall rotation and sold/traded some.

I guess at the moment these are the only secret guitars.
IMG_20211017_165130032~2.jpg
And this one
IMG_20220709_132048020.jpg
And this one
IMG_20210607_165108.jpg

Anyway, feel free to use me as an example of an actual problem. I have 40-ish guitars stashed in my house and jam spot.

Last edited:

Guithartic

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
Ya, sometimes Alexa will even say what the item is.

dirocyn

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
In a healthy relationship you don't have to keep your guitars secret. Much less guitar parts. A relationship founded on secrecy is not strong. If you keep guitar stuff secret, it's OK for her to keep shoes and purses secret. Next thing you know, the power is getting shut off because the bill didn't get paid.

My wife and I talk to each other about major purchases. We don't ever spend more than a couple hundred bucks without talking about it. Me last week: I'm gonna go check out a guitar. Her: okay, when will you be back, should I order pizza?

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
In a healthy relationship you don't have to keep your guitars secret. Much less guitar parts. A relationship founded on secrecy is not strong. If you keep guitar stuff secret, it's OK for her to keep shoes and purses secret. Next thing you know, the power is getting shut off because the bill didn't get paid.

My wife and I talk to each other about major purchases. We don't ever spend more than a couple hundred bucks without talking about it. Me last week: I'm gonna go check out a guitar. Her: okay, when will you be back, should I order pizza?
+1
We don't care what each other buys from Amazon.
We're both reasonably responsible adults.
I'll buy a guitar without asking... but I'll let her know it's coming before it shows up.
That's worked just fine for 35 years.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA

At least you're not buying drugs with the money you spent on guitar stuff.

Today, that's exactly why I can buy guitar stuff. I'm not out spending every extra penny I have on coke. It took me almost 12 yrs but I finally kicked the habit by myself, with no one else's help.

Ironically, I found out after I did it that I quit for the exact same reason SRV quit. It just wasn't fun anymore. At the time I quit, I had no idea that was why SRV had also quit. It was only 10 yrs later, when I started playing guitar that I learned that fact.

Lucius Paisley

Strat-O-Master
Jul 14, 2021
Sydney, Australia
Are you really blaming Amazon? Because nothing here is Amazon's fault.

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
Yeah...... But..... You didn't spend "that money" on drug stuff. Lol 😉👈

Actually, I have to adjust my secret guitar count. I've slowly filtered a few into the wall rotation and sold/traded some.

I guess at the moment these are the only secret guitars.
View attachment 584249
And this one
View attachment 584250
And this one
View attachment 584251

Anyway, feel free to use me as an example of an actual problem. I have 40-ish guitars stashed in my house and jam spot.

I'm worried that she's going to find out. Ship those guitars over to me for safekeeping. I'll hold onto them until it's safe for you to bring them home.