NJ addition

Chipss36

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 1, 2018
Texas
Welcome, ummm all new guys usually send any j45‘s they own, to me , after they sign up, it’s a traditional thing……..
need my address?
muhahaha jk…. That is a j45 on the wall?

Last edited:

Boneman68

Strat-O-Master
Apr 12, 2021
CA
Welcome to S-T! Looks like you went Gibson Taylor Martin on your acoustics, and you like mahogany? Nice choices!

Sally

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 17, 2022
New Jersey
Thank you all for the welcome!

I do have a Vox Superbeetle, a Fender 68 Vibro Champ Reissue, a J45, Taylor and Martin, and that beige iron stove is all show! It does have an electric heater on the bottom, and a fake flame. They both work. The flame is nice, but the heater is a cheap imported part that I would not trust leaving on for more than 5 minutes…

cheers again! NJ is a neat state. I grew up in Brooklyn but moved her in 1996. In NJ you are close to major cities, farmland, mountains, beach, and forest depending what direction you turn.

finally, I live in Chatham, but in the town of Milburn there is a pizza place called Vinnies. Get the grandpa pie.

2010cb

Strat-O-Master
Nov 21, 2020
NY
Welcome. I’m a NYer that grew up in the capitol of NJ: Staten Island.

There was a parody map that went around a number of years back. And my folks, my sister and I own a small lake house in together in the region identified as “Lake Houses Owned By New Yorkers”.

zook

Strat-Talk Member
Nov 13, 2014
Cochise, Arizona
Welcome. I’m a NYer that grew up in the capitol of NJ: Staten Island.

There was a parody map that went around a number of years back. And my folks, my sister and I own a small lake house in together in the region identified as “Lake Houses Owned By New Yorkers”.
I grew up on Staten Island. Annadale. Many years ago. I left in 1965

KillingTone

Strat-O-Master
Mar 13, 2017
Yardley, PA USA
I lived in Swartswood 1969-1979. I taught school in Hopatcong.
Hey @zook, I grew up in Mt. Olive and Hackettstown in the’70s and early 80s, in the farmlands of NW Jersey. With respect to your locations, I spent numerous days at Swartswood State Park and also nights at the old Bertrand’s Island Amusement Park at Lake Hopatcong. Ran cross country for Mt. Olive HS and as I recall the XC course at Hopatcong HS was on an adjacent golf course.
Back to guitar, one of my old jam-mates, Jack Tannehill, has made a career of gigging around North Jersey and outlying areas. You may or may not have heard of him. I can best describe him as inspired and influenced by Steve Forbert. Check him out:

zook

Strat-Talk Member
Nov 13, 2014
Cochise, Arizona
Hey @zook, I grew up in Mt. Olive and Hackettstown in the’70s and early 80s, in the farmlands of NW Jersey. With respect to your locations, I spent numerous days at Swartswood State Park and also nights at the old Bertrand’s Island Amusement Park at Lake Hopatcong. Ran cross country for Mt. Olive HS and as I recall the XC course at Hopatcong HS was on an adjacent golf course.
Back to guitar, one of my old jam-mates, Jack Tannehill, has made a career of gigging around North Jersey and outlying areas. You may or may not have heard of him. I can best describe him as inspired and influenced by Steve Forbert. Check him out:

I know that area well, My parents lived at Lake Tranquility. I played often at a biker bar just west of Hackettstown on Route 46 in the 70s.

duzie

Most Honored Senior Member
May 1, 2016
northwest nj
I know that area well, My parents lived at Lake Tranquility. I played often at a biker bar just west of Hackettstown on Route 46 in the 70s.
At first I thought of a bar called Falconers .
But that wasn’t on 46 .
Which bar was it .
I might have been there at some point lol