NMD - New Mac Day

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by SoulSurfer, Nov 24, 2020.

1. mutato

mutato Senior Stratmaster

Sweet! I usually get about 7-9 years out of my Macs. This one is a late 2012 and still cranks on the multitrack Logic Pro X. Though it is showing it's age when the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs keep using more and more processor power. And then cut me off for further upgrades. Def going to be needing a new one in a year or two.

76A9E1A7-F47D-4CA9-815A-A2BD75156E0B.JPEG

simoncroft, 3bolt79 and SoulSurfer like this.
  2. Scooter

Scooter Strat-Talk Member

I’m still using a 2012 Mac Mini for my Logic platform and as a general use PC. It’s still solid as a rock. Was a hardcore windows guy for decades but owning a Mac has changed that. I’m starting to think about getting one of the new minis with the M1 chip.

simoncroft likes this.
  3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    Nice. Just bought my daughter a new Macbook and my wife is carting it all the way to Bulgaria Saturday. She's been using the same little 11" one since freshmen year in high school and IMO needed a new, larger screen one. I was amazed that in 4 years the price really hasn't gone up and we got the next bigger size.

simoncroft, 3bolt79 and SoulSurfer like this.
  4. SoulSurfer

SoulSurfer Strat-Talker

There is nothing quite like the "unboxing experience", although I am dumbfounded by what they are asking for their new Airpods Max® - the cost of a new computer!!!!

5. SoulSurfer

SoulSurfer Strat-Talker

They use SMT (Surface Mount Technology) which means that EVERYTHING is soldered to the logic board. Less space and better connectivity.

mutato and simoncroft like this.