Note to future self about a house remodel

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2020
Gormenghast
A few years ago, when I started moving into my fiance's house, I put a bunch of stuff into a rented storage unit, planning to sell my old house. Then we decided to keep that old house as a get-away cabin. So I moved all the "storage" stuff back there. I did this 100% myself, no one else was involved at all. You would not believe how much stuff I am "missing". A few things that come to mind right now:

An antique lamp- GONE.
Two boxes of DVD's (about two hundred) - disappeared
One big plastic tote full of music CD's - went to Mars ??
A bunch of clothing - evaporated
An old red backpack full of hiking gear - walked off

Last edited:

diogoguitar

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 2, 2012
Northwest US
A few years ago, when I started moving into my fiance's house, I put a bunch of stuff into a rented storage unit, planning to sell my old house. Then we decided to keep that old house as a get-away cabin. So I moved all the "storage" stuff back there. I did this 100% myself, no one else was involved at all. You would not believe how much stuff I am "missing". A few things that come to mind right now:

An antique lamp- GONE.
Two boxes of DVD's (about two hundred) - disappeared
One big plastic tote full of music CD's - went to Mars ??
A bunch of clothing - evaporated
An old red backpack full of hiking gear - walked off

Haha, when I got married, we bought a bunch of fancy silverware. When we boxed out our stuff for remodeling, we only kept the strictly necessary silverware for daily use when we moved to our tiny apartment.

Dinner knives, we brought 3 with us. One for me, one for wife, one spare. Guess how many dinner knives we have now, 3 years later
All of the other knives went AWOL

😂😂😂

Last edited:

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
I thought this was a good idea, as I"ve done the same thing.

Oh hell..this "upgrade" won't let me post an Amazon link apparently. Search QR smart labels. You stick em on the totes, use the app to record what in that tote and then scan the label with your phone when you're looking for something.

With this you leave the tag and change the list in the app as you take stuff out of the box. App is free.

Last edited:

diogoguitar

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 2, 2012
Northwest US
I thought this was a good idea, as I"ve done the same thing.

Oh hell..this "upgrade" won't let me post an Amazon link apparently. Search QR smart labels. You stick em on the totes, use the app to record what in that tote and then scan the label with your phone when you're looking for something.

With this you leave the tag and change the list in the app as you take stuff out of the box. App is free.

I came across this box SO MANY TIMES through the years that I thought had some spare plates and mugs.
Right? Wrong. Scroll down to see what I found

1653242198842.png
1653241573618.png

- Shure SM57 microphone with USB digital interface

1653242073222.png

- Fender American Standard Strat case candy: hang tags, spare tremolo arms, etc. I bought this guitar new in 2012, my first American strat.

1653242108999.png

1653242119225.png

Attachments

• 1653242094516.png
    1653242094516.png
    857.6 KB · Views: 0