Join Strat-Talk Today

NPO @ Midnight

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Believer7713, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Well the physical terrorist showed up today and we went through the routine of making me involuntarily evacuate my bladder again. But it is paying off. I was able to bend my knee to a measurable 115° of flexion. I could have probably gone further but I am still trying to not overdo it with the fractured thigh bone. I am still trying to get it straighter on extension though. Almost all of tge swelling is gone now too. I also havent taken but 1 oxycodone (5mg) in the last 4 days either...the deep bruising in the calf muscle is very faint in feeling now and never did surface visually. It's amazing how much better this time around is going despite not being able to walk yet.
    Not being able to walk is the hardest part because I can't feel any reason not to...there's no pain at all now. Crazy how I can feel better now, while I still have the stitches in than I did without this unhealed 8 inch incision.

GIGFS

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Believer7713

Last night was pretty rough and I had to take an Oxy. Funny thing about that stuff is that it doesn't kill the pain, it just makes you not care about it. So the term pain killer is a misnomer.
    My knee swelled up and I couldn't hardly move it. I don't know if I twisted it in my sleep or what but I was pretty miserable for sure.
    On a brighter note, movement on Friday was from -7° to 120° and I hadn't needed any pain meds for two days. I also removed the Aquacell cover from it on Friday per doctor's orders and am now in an island dressing.
    [​IMG]
    Home PT is done and I have been discharged so now I am waiting on the call from outpatient therapy to start there. I will also be getting the sutures out on Wednesday.

Jesse414 and Bodean like this.
  3. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Hang in there, brother. It's time for patience, and then effort. Be sure to get that sequence right.

Jesse414 and Believer7713 like this.
  4. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Baby steps. Keep it up

Believer7713 likes this.
  5. Believer7713

I am still non-weight bearing right now too so the PT is pretty light as we speak. I will probably be at this stage for a few more weeks depending on how quickly the crack in my femur heals. So right now I don't have any choice but to be patient and take baby steps. I'm fine with that too. I been through enough of these knee surgeries to know I want this to be the last. Being only 45 years old, though, I will probably need another one but hopefully not for another 25 years.

Jesse414 likes this.
  6. Bcorig

Bcorig Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

God’s speed. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

Believer7713 likes this.
  7. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-Talker

Glad your healing up. Hope your getting plenty of guitar time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.:)

Believer7713 likes this.
  8. Believer7713

Right now I'm working on learning Mr. Brightside by the Killers. Not really that complicated but just staying consistent with the time and flat picking is a bit of a trick for me.

Jesse414 likes this.
  9. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-Talker

Awesome song choice :cool::)

Believer7713 likes this.
  10. Believer7713

Well, tomorrow I will be getting the sutures pulled out. Been looking back on this a bit today for some reason. Figured I would share a little of the history in pictures starting with the next post. Some may be a little rough to look at so be warned.

11. Believer7713

You can see where the tibial plateau broke off down the side here. Also seen is how they tried to reset the leg before the first surgery and could only turn it half way back...the lower half is still turned 90° outward.
    [​IMG]
    3D recreation of my knee before the first surgery also shows where and how brutal the break was.
    [​IMG]
    I laid in a hospital bed for almost three solid days before the swelling went down so the surgery could be successfully done. This was a couple hours before surgery.
    [​IMG]
    The day the staples and sutures (both were used) were removed from surgery #1
    [​IMG]
    And an X-ray of the plate that was installed and is now on the side of Olic, my Jackson.
    [​IMG]
    Almost a year later, that plate was removed as well as an arthroscpy left me looking almost the ssme again.
    [​IMG]
    That surgery not only had the hardware removed but also was an ACL, PCL, MCL and Pisterior Lateral Capsule reconstruction.
    Then about 6 months later another scope to clean out the scar tissue.
    6 months later, again, back under the knife to have the screw that was originally holding the ACL in place removed because it was backing out of the tibia. Plus another scope for scar tissue that he saw while pulling the screw.
    [​IMG]
    After that, I had another scope to clean it up again.
    In October 2016 they finally just replaced it.
    [​IMG]

12. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Gold Member

All that is behind you now.

Believer7713 likes this.
  13. Believer7713

Today I went for my follow up with the doctor. They (both the doctor and the Nurse Practitioner) said I am progressing very well. I've been graduated to 25% weight bearing for now.next week will be 50% and so on. Range of motion is -4° extended to 120° flexed unassisted. Last week was 120° assisted.
    They also gave me a gift today...MY OLD KNEE! Now its time to figure a way to incorporate it onto Olic.
    So here is tge progress for the last 3 weeks.
    2 days after surgery.
    [​IMG]
    10 days post op.
    [​IMG]
    Today before removal of sutures.
    20190717_112208.jpg
    And after.
    20190717_130731.jpg
    This is the knee hardware that I got to keep.
    [​IMG]
    Looking at the inside of the femoral side yiu can see howmuch cement is used to hold it in place.
    [​IMG]
    A closed look shows that part of the bone borxk off and is still stuck to the cement. (It's lighter and more porous)
    [​IMG]
    And the under side of the tibial plate.
    [​IMG]
    I didnt get the bearing plate becayse it was pretty much destroyed and he reused the patella again so no bone nut for Olic.

14. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Gold Member

Healing nicely. The underside of that old knee looks like your body was building bone on the cement.

Believer7713 likes this.
  15. Believer7713

I was building the bone up in the cement. I don't know which surprised me more, the amount of cement that is glopped in it or tge bone that stuck with it. The other thing that caught my attention was the lack of any cement on the tibial plate.

Bowmap likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.