NPUD!

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
New p'ups day! These came in the mail for a very special partscaster build that I am working on for myself. When I start the build I will start another thread but I wanted to give a shout out to my friend @Bodean for making me this super special set of pick'em-ups for it.
I didn't expect for these to bring a tear to my eye so I wasn't expecting to start this thread until now... but, they did so here I am.
20220519_220118.jpg 20220519_220132.jpg
Maybe you all might remember the set that @Bodean wound special for Kelly?

Last edited:

Bodean

Just A Simple Man
Aug 23, 2014
South Carolina
New p'ups day! These came in the mail for a very special partscaster build that I am working on for myself. When I start the build I will start another thread but I wanted to give a shout out to my friend @Bodean for making me this super special set of pick'em-ups for it.
I didn't expect for these to bring a tear to my eye so I wasn't expecting to start this thread until now... but, they did and here I am.
View attachment 563763 View attachment 563764
Maybe you all might remember the set that @Bodean wound special for Kelly?
I smiled while I wound them. I decided that his name should be on them.
Long live Heltershelton's memory.
RIP Kelly, miss you brother.

Last edited:

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Fun! Haven't heard of those -- but why can't they all be labeled so clearly? :D
This is only the second set ever made. The first was made for our own late and beloved @heltershelton. Kelly was also my friend and Jeff was nice enough to make me a set that matched a custom set he made for Kelly. Like I said, this guitar that I am collecting the parts for is a very special build.

As for the labeling. Jeff does that with a laser engraver and it works very well IMHO. He has mad me several sets over the last few years as well as several leather pieces too. That @Bodean is as super talented as he is a great guy. Thanks again Jeff!!

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
I smiled while I wound them. I decided that his name should be on them.
Long live Heltershelton.
RIP Kelly, miss you brother.
Having Kelly's name on them makes them even more special for me. When I saw the box in the mailbox I couldn't help but to cheese from ear to ear and I literally teared up when I saw your engraving on the back. These will be going into a pickguard that @Stephen James is making for me with one his Atheris Innovations pickguard assemblies too.

Miotch

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 28, 2011
ok
I bet the they are hot pickups, seeing as where they are made !!
That is just so awesome and special. Let us know how they sound after the project is completed. In fact, post a sound clip or it didn't happen.

EC Strat

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
Touching - I didn’t know Kelly but he seemed like he was a super cool dude and a helluva musician.

Are they overwound? What’s the DCR?

Is this the build that you’re using the neck I sold to you for?

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
I bet the they are hot pickups, seeing as where they are made !!
That is just so awesome and special. Let us know how they sound after the project is completed. In fact, post a sound clip or it didn't happen.
Hot is an understatement for these things. LOL
The specs are:
Bridge: 13.2K
Middle: 10.6
Neck: 10.5

Here is Kelly, himself, is demoing them.

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Is this the build that you’re using the neck I sold to you for?
The neck on this one will be one that I refretted with Stainless Steel frets and installed an LSR nut on. It's from 2001 and is pretty well worn in with naturally rolled edges.
That roasted maple neck that I got from you will be going on my corksniffer guitar that I plan to have done later this year.
It's been a rough year for custom builds. Another person that I was supposed to build one for had a sudden medical emergency, I really don't know the details, that took her life too. This was only a couple weeks after Kelly's passing. She was a detective on the Department too...so it was felt pretty hard by many, including me, in the family here.

EC Strat

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
The specs are:

My goodness LOLOL

I really like a hot bridge though. I have a guitar with an SSL 5 in the bridge
The specs are:

Endless sustain

EC Strat

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
The neck on this one will be one that I refretted with Stainless Steel frets and installed an LSR nut on. It's from 2001 and is pretty well worn in with naturally rolled edges.
That roasted maple neck that I got from you will be going on my corksniffer guitar that I plan to have done later this year.
It's been a rough year for custom builds. Another person that I was supposed to build one for had a sudden medical emergency, I really don't know the details, that took her life too. This was only a couple weeks after Kelly's passing. She was a detective on the Department too...so it was felt pretty hard by many, including me, in the family here.
You must be po-po...appreciate your service!

What are the pickups going into your corksniffer? I suppose all 3 of my strats are corksniffers - all premium parts and sh**

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
You must be po-po...appreciate your service!

What are the pickups going into your corksniffer? I suppose all 3 of my strats are corksniffers - all premium parts and sh**
I haven't gotten that far in the planning of it. I still need to make the body for it but I have most of the materials for it now. I have a couple custom jobs for charities to get done first though.

I do work for the Po-Po but am not an LEO. I am a supervisor in the Fleet Operations Unit. My crew does the 5k services (oil changes etc.) and runs the tow trucks. One of the aforementioned donation pieces will be for the Care Team for our department that helps to take care of different financial issues that may arise for officers and their families.

Last years donations were these two. They always get raffled and last year the red one was won by a guy that bought $3,000 worth of tickets. I literally went weak in the knees when I heard how many tickets he bought.
20201109_181324.jpg 20201109_181414.jpg 20201109_181558.jpg

EC Strat

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
I haven't gotten that far in the planning of it. I still need to make the body for it but I have most of the materials for it now. I have a couple custom jobs for charities to get done first though.

I do work for the Po-Po but am not an LEO. I am a supervisor in the Fleet Operations Unit. My crew does the 5k services (oil changes etc.) and runs the tow trucks. One of the aforementioned donation pieces will be for the Care Team for our department that helps to take care of different financial issues that may arise for officers and their families.

Last years donations were these two. They always get raffled and last year the red one was won by a guy that bought $3,000 worth of tickets. I literally went weak in the knees when I heard how many tickets he bought.
View attachment 563838 View attachment 563839 View attachment 563840
Wow! So you built those for auction??

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Wow! So you built those for auction??
Yes sir. I've done several for the Care Team, one for P.A.L. unit, one for Crime Stoppers and one for University of Kansas Health Systems neuroscience department for Stroke awareness month so far. It all started by me getting hit by a car while at work during a sobriety checkpoint.

I am currently planning another for The Care Team, another for the Stroke Team as my wife works there and one for an organization that helps to combat Parkinson's Disease. The one for Parkinson's will be really special to me since my dad is one of their clients and has been battling with PD for years now.

Last edited: