NSD!

Stu78

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 20, 2019
Scotland
A quiet afternoon to myself to play guitar. Thought I'd give these a try. I've used the regular hybrid slinkys 9-46 forever so I thought I'd pay the couple of £'s more for these and give them a go. Wasn't expecting much but wow! After a good stretch to bed them in I've been ripping the arse out of my Strat for last hour. What a sound! Would highly recommend for those who normally use the regular hydrid slinkys. No going back now. 🙂👍
20220626_135416.jpg 20220626_135154.jpg

Stu78

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 20, 2019
Scotland
Cool, and totally worth an extra few dollars per pack. 😂

This comes from someone who just bought a $70 pack of strings for his bass from Thomastik-Enfield. And they are totally worth it as I'll literally never have to change them in my lifetime.
Bought La Bella's for my Mustang Bass, like your strings, expensive but won't get changed for many years. 🙂

HSH Classic Vibe

Strat-Talker
May 29, 2022
Republic of Squierland
Bought La Bella's for my Mustang Bass, like your strings, expensive but won't get changed for many years. 🙂
Ironic. I'm about to put some La Bella flats on my Bronco. I tried them on my Mikro, but hated them. They actually hurt to play, which is the last thing I expected. Note that I have medical issues and I seriously doubt that anyone else would ever have that problem with those quality strings. Hopefully they'll work out better on the Bronco. But yeah, people don't always appreciate that those strings pay for themselves over time. It's one reason I'm now curious about these Titaniums. I've never broken a bass string, but guitar? If they are similar to the TI's in longevity...

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
probably the same titanium nitride coating that they use on drill bits.. ever see the gold-colored drill bits at the big box stores?

Not to digress, but hey, it's the Internet... those bits are great if you keep them well lubed as you work and don't get them hot enough to burn the coating. Once the coating is gone, it's just a high speed steel drill bit. You also can't sharpen them without losing the coating.

If you really need a bit that will stand up to hard work, buy the cobalt based bits. Keep those lubed and at the right speed and they are awesome.

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member
A quiet afternoon to myself to play guitar. Thought I'd give these a try. I've used the regular hybrid slinkys 9-46 forever so I thought I'd pay the couple of £'s more for these and give them a go. Wasn't expecting much but wow! After a good stretch to bed them in I've been ripping the arse out of my Strat for last hour. What a sound! Would highly recommend for those who normally use the regular hydrid slinkys. No going back now. 🙂👍
View attachment 572454 View attachment 572455
I like the way you match your guitar to the throw pillow. ;)