Join Strat-Talk Today

NXWTPD!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by EC Strat-boy, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

1. EC Strat-boy

EC Strat-boy Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

5F44FE58-9AE3-461D-9710-AA3A6FE30BBA.jpeg AD2F786A-CF20-44F3-8469-5A76A8AE4538.jpeg added a Tumnus and Xotic Effects Wah yesterday.

Taken me a few hours to get everything dialed in. I’m going to use the Tumnus as my base layer OD instead of transparent gain - I really like the low to medium gain of this pedal. The dials on it are incredibly responsive - gotta go a bit at time to dial it in.

The Xotic Wah - wow! I had a Cry Baby 535q and liked it but the XW is on a different level. Just nails the Wah part to Voodoo Child - the top end is rounded / smooth and not shrill It’s pricey but worth the money. Got a B stock for 168$ on reverb Love the smaller size of it - it’s lighter and fits on my pedal board

I’m pretty happy with my board right now - a killer Wah, a clone ‘69 germanium fuzz, the Tumnus , Friedman BE OD for Marshall, and a Zendrive clone for lead tones (the sustain is amazing without adding distortion - tone stays clear so the highs sing) and a great delay pedal in the Carbon Copy

2. ajb1965

ajb1965 Old Enough to Know Better Strat-Talk Supporter

Awesome looking board! A lot of people dismiss the Friedman because it's such a high gain pedal, but I love my OD Deluxe. I just got the Tumnus mini a few days ago and between those two pedals I'm in OD heaven!

Congrats on your recent acquisitions! :)

EC Strat-boy likes this.
  3. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Don't make me trade in my Q!

4. EC Strat-boy

EC Strat-boy Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Q is a solid Wah pedal. I’d definitely perform with one. But the high end can get ice picky

But the Xotic Wah just has better pots and caps Much smoother and responsive. It’s a step up in quality for sure (and also price)

circles likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.