Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Oceans - Hillsong Lead Cover

Discussion in 'The Online Jam Forum' started by veehotel, May 31, 2017.

1. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Hello everyone!
    I have made a cover of one of my favorite songs... and hope you will like it.
    You can also take it as inspiration and/or copy how I arranged it, as it's a very easy song to play.
    I hope you will like it :)

Tomas83, RPKennedy, LRS! and 7 others like this.

2. Keith268

Keith268 Strat-Talker

Jul 16, 2016
    Charlotte
    One of my favorites. Great job

veehotel likes this.

3. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    very nice....

veehotel likes this.

4. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL

5. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    Not familiar with the song but it sounds really good! I like all of your posts but I especially like that guitar!

veehotel likes this.

6. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Wow never knew you was following me that long! Thank you for the support! I love my guitar but I have to admit it's not as great as my std mim black strat.. I miss it extremely much.. it was that satin neck that works so great with any conditions for my hands..

7. Boognish

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    You pop up on my utube feed all the time and I knew you were on here so I always check the vids out. I have a mim too and I love it!

veehotel likes this.

8. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Wow do I get in the feed?!! That's a big archivement with only 33 subs lolol

9. Boognish

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    I don't know if it's called a feed but I guess it remembers what vids I have watched and it recommends other videos based on that and you pop up from time to time.

veehotel likes this.

10. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Aaah yea, got it. Well, still thankful :)

11. Dont_Fret_None

Dont_Fret_None Strange Stringer Silver Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 22, 2013
    Up Yonder Way
    Nice job, vee:)

BTW: If you're current neck is glossy, you can turn it into a Satin (back of the neck), with some very fine steel wool, enabling your hand to slide just like on your Satin. I've done this to a few glossy necks and it worked very nicely.

veehotel likes this.

12. wildhawk

wildhawk Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Here
    Good job! :thumb:

Our band covers that tune. Lucky to have a gal that does great vocals on it.

When you get to the part where you're cycling through the chord strums start quiet through the first round and then build volume a little at a time through each next set.

Helps the song to build tension as it repeats over and over... then silence right before the closing lines.

veehotel likes this.

13. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Ohio
    Great song and great job!!! Keep it up!!!

veehotel likes this.

14. MrKrabs

MrKrabs Strat-Talker

May 15, 2017
    Texas
    Played this at our church last week, good job

veehotel likes this.

15. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Yeah I tought to do that but I'm kinda afraid to do it lol I have it for just one year and I'm not prepared to spend more money if I don't like it hahaha

16. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Thanks for the Tip! I have been trying to pay attention to the volume, I figured out that playing with fingers in the beginning gives a very nice spark to the song..

17. LRS!

LRS! Strat-Talker

Aug 27, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Nicely played!
    Rock on!
    Cheers,
    Chris

veehotel likes this.

18. Dont_Fret_None

Dont_Fret_None Strange Stringer Silver Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 22, 2013
    Up Yonder Way

Its very easy: get some masking/painters tape (the blue kind--that peels off easily); mask the sides/edges of the fret board, where it is joined to the neck; then masked-off the ends of the neck--just before the head stock and just before it meets the neck pocket at the body. Then, using very fine steel wool (Grade#0000 - see pic, below), begin a very light-handed (very little pressure), even sanding motion. You can do just one pass/layer at a time, for a very gradual change, to ensure you don't over-do it. Actually, Grade#0000 is so easy on the finish that its kinda hard to over-do it unless you sand for hours on end. You can easily do this in 30 minutes, checking the feel/finish between sanding's.

You don't need to remove the neck from the body, or remove the strings, if you don't wish to.

upload_2017-6-1_13-6-58.jpeg

veehotel likes this.

19. veehotel

veehotel Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2016
    NL
    Wow! Thank you! Actually I tought it would be worse than what it is.. I imagined me a sanding machine Haha! Kinda tempted to try it

20. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Area 51
    "Oceans" is a cool tune - next time we do it I will have my wife video it - I use a combination of slide, ebow, flanger, fuzz and multiple stacked delays to create the sound of ocean waves, underwater bubbles, and even whale sounds - takes the song to a whole 'nother level...

veehotel likes this.