Join Strat-Talk Today

offered a gigging job, should I take it?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by rocks, Jan 27, 2009.

1. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

good stuff man,pretty lucky finding somebody that close with a full recording rig,good luck with the auditions,

2. Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix Strat-O-Master

All sounds promising, hope it comes good for ya rocks, keep us posted :)

3. Offshore Angler

Offshore Angler Senior Stratmaster

I guess it depends on the money. I'm pretty much a whore and if the money is there I'll do the gig.

My favorite thing about playing guitar is when the cash hits my palm! I've often thought about getting a tattoo on my palm like Jesse James has, that says "Pay Up, Sucker."

4. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

I went back over the the recording studio house last night. I'm still amazed at all the gear he had in there. He played some of the recordings he made in the past, all long improv jamming. Very interesting stuff and it would be great to build my improv skills. He is retired and I can go over there almost any time to jam. This could be very interesting.

5. elementlax

elementlax Senior Stratmaster

sounds like your sittin pretty
    i wish i was in a band

6. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

I found all these opportunities on craigslist, check your area craigslist and post that you are looking for a band. Thats all I did and I'm getting all kinds of offers.

7. elementlax

elementlax Senior Stratmaster

really?
    so all i have to do is just say im lookin for a band, say that i play rhythm guitar, and im set?

8. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Thats basically all I did. This was the ad I posted: Bass Player looking for a band or people to jam with I reposted it twice to get more responses to choose from.

9. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

So far this has been great! I've been jamming with the guy a few streets over in his recording studio during the day. In the evening I practice at home to get ready for my audition, it was put off until the 20th. That gives me a couple more weeks to really work on the material and have as much of it down as possible before walking in the door.

10. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

looks like it,s gonna be a sweet arrangement man,your chops should be down with all this hardwork your putting in and the extra time

11. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

You have no idea! my finger picking alone has really improved very fast. I'm almost as good as I used to be and in some ways I'm better. Once my left hand catches up with my picking I'll be quite happy. Last night I took ten of the songs from the list and played them from start to finish about 5-6 times, only taking a break at the end of the ten songs before starting them again. I am noticing improvements on a daily basis, every day I get better at something and its exciting as the first time I got _____ and she knew what she was doing :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.