Oh the Humanity! Trade away 2 Strats for a Gibson?!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by StratDen, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Hugh

Hugh Got Cluck ?

The Gibson EDS-1275 Double Neck would be wonderful for composing and performing if one little component were added. A playing position stand. Like the ones that hold acoustics.

Imagine the versatility of the EDS-1275 on a stand and a strat on your shoulder in a band setting.

2. Stratplayer

Stratplayer Senior Stratmaster

Where can you buy those stands anyway? I've been in situations where it would be real handy to have one but have never been able to turn one up in a search on Guitar Center's website. Don't think I'd use it for an EDS-1275 though--I'd be mortified from thinking about the chance that somebody (myself included) could inadvertently knock it over, and as mentioned earlier Gibson doublenecks don't come cheap.

3. bluesblabber

bluesblabber Strat-O-Master

I will never... ever ever ever gonna trade those kinda strats with a gibs (especially the vintage white one).

4. Jawknee5

Jawknee5 Strat-O-Master

Yeah, im lusting over the white one... so nice... What color laces are those?

btw... Why put a double neck on a stand, when you can just put a nice vintage Fender XII on a stand... Theyre surprisingly cheap actually.

And for that matter, when the hell are they gonna reissue the fender electric XII?!

5. Hugh

Hugh Got Cluck ?

I googled for 30 minutes and can't find one. I suspect Gibson would have to have one made. Speaker stands and amp stands hold a lot more weight than a double neck.

There is wireless to reduce, and insurance to cover concerns of, damage.

6. StratDen

StratDen Senior Stratmaster

I agree with you Hugh that a 12-String brings more to the table. I love the coloring of tones a 12-String provides with the added octaves. I will pursue a 12-String electric, espicially being void of a 12-String acoustic too. First though I have to tackle the contractor's bill for a home-improvement project that I am having done over the next 8 days starting this morning.

It's funny how these non-guitar expenses make you think about how the costs equate to what guitars you could buy for the same money spent... I keep thinking by the money being spent on the home improvement work being done this week could have purchased a few nice custom shops Strats... :cry:

7. StratDen

The Lace Senosrs in there are:

Bridge: Red
    Middle: Silver
    Neck: Light Blue

8. gcat

gcat Senior Stratmaster

9. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

hey sexy mama, how you doing?

10. Hugh

Hugh Got Cluck ?

lol, you got it bad :p I know what it feels like though ;)

11. StratDen

A consideration I suppose if the differences weren't just the color. The black one is a hardtail which I like, and is unique to the Strat, especially since I haven't seen many other Hardtail Smith's so regret would be huge if trying to find a replacement. And together these are somewhat of a unique pair as well as they are only 3 serial number digits apart from each other. :)

12. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

I would have suggested you do the trade since you have other strats and this is a unique instrument. I just saw Rush two weeks ago and Alex Lifeson pulled one of those out for a few tunes. Great tone and yes, even I will sometimes defer to Gibson! I would have grabbed that in a heartbeat but I am sure you will enjoy your strats just as much!

13. mijstratsq

mijstratsq Senior Stratmaster

wallhanger/those double necks sure do make awesome wallhangers..

14. sarNz

sarNz Senior Stratmaster

I have a wild hatred for double neck guitars. No idea why. Glad you kept the strats!

15. kevin8122006

kevin8122006 Strat-Talk Member

Good choice on keeping those gorgeous strats. After all, it was a gibson, only twice as ugly. :twisted::p

16. StratDen

A man of your Status here sometimes defers to Gibson? Oh the shame of it all! LOL! :D:D

In the next day or two, I may have a surprise based ona call I just got on my cell pnone a short while ago... And no it doesn't involve either '82 in any way, shape or form... ;)

17. Stratplayer

Stratplayer Senior Stratmaster

Thanks for the info gcat. Thought I could use one but realistically I don't know if I can justify the cost based on how much use I'd get out of it. Of course, same holds true for the 3 doublenecks I've had...;)

18. profdlt

profdlt Strat-Talker

How about selling one of the 82's and getting a Strat 12?

19. Stratocaster24

Stratocaster24 Strat-Talk Member

i must say that i like your decision to keep the strats, to me the double necks seem uncomfortable and impractical... Happy Same Guitars Day :)