Ok perfect Strat for me ?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by dustin1976, Feb 16, 2013.

1. dustin1976

dustin1976 Strat-Talk Member

Would like to get opinions on these specs and how close I could get without building (from scratch anyway). 60's pre CBS style,22 6105 frets, fat rosewood neck, alder body,black finish. 60's style smoking pickups (Texas Specials prob), old style tuners and bridge. Would be a heavily gigging instrument used for blues and blues rock. Use a 1980 LP Standard since 93 and a Hot Rod Tele for Old Country and Swing. Have had a cheaper Strat as back up in the past but I'm ready and need a great American add to the line up.
    thanks for any opinions,
    Dustin

2. Michael919

Michael919 Most Honored Senior Member

There are no American Strats besides Custom Shops with vintage bridges, except the American Special. The closest thing to that spec is probably the awesome MIM Classic Player 60s, but they don't have it in black.

Edit - the CP 60s has a two point bridge too! And 21 frets...Actually, my whole post sucks because I forgot about artist series options.

Just move along.....nothing to see here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  3. ldottrain

ldottrain Strat-Talker

John Mayer signature models is pretty much all those specs although i believes it 21 frets tho, I found the neck and nut way to wide

4. TrevorMarshall

TrevorMarshall Strat-O-Master

AVRI series, one of the 60's models.

5. BigDipper15

BigDipper15 Senior Stratmaster

No 9.5 or 6105

6. BigDipper15

BigDipper15 Senior Stratmaster

This is correct and an amazing strat also i own one. Phenomenal neck and pickups.

7. tattoodave54

tattoodave54 Strat-Talk Member

Check out the American Special strats. Pay a few bucks for this kind of quality? You bet..... nothing but good reviews!!!! I know, i looked and looked.