Old notices

monte merrick

Most Honored Senior Member
I’m sure I’ve told the story of that time I had a featured reading and killed it but in the open reading that followed an a cappella hip hop group calling themselves the Square Roots took the stage and made everyone forget I existed… by the next year they were the Roots and well the rest is history but anyway just found the notices for my reading lol 30 years I’ve been carting these slips of paper around!

44E9A884-B737-490D-9DA3-D8FB261604F9.jpeg

Archtops

Strat-O-Master
Mar 25, 2021
SoCal
i understand that what ive posted is as useless as liquor store receipts (although ive saved none of mine), but i thought that these old clippings had some small interest at least. but obviously not universally, so hey, mock away.
My sincerest apologies. In no way did I equate a fond memory to the receipts from a liquor store. Just trying to be humorous. Actually I have receipts still in my wallet from a couple of music store purchases. Again not trying to make light of the importance of one’s fond memories. It was not a mock but just a Bud at the party. I hope you’ll forgive the statement.

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2020
Amber
Keep that stuff a few more years, the memories are worth it.

A few weeks ago I was tossing old clothes to make room in a closet for other stuff. I found some old suits that had shrunk in the dark so they no longer fit. I went through the pockets before bagging them for donation, and in one I found an invitation to a social event from way back in January 1990, which was in the beginning of "Chapter 1" for my (now) fiance and I. We are currently in Chapter 3 (it's been a loooooong story). I showed it to her and we had a good long look back through the years, both together and apart.

I'll keep that old piece of paper.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
I’m sure I’ve told the story of that time I had a featured reading and killed it but in the open reading that followed an a cappella hip hop group calling themselves the Square Roots took the stage and made everyone forget I existed… by the next year they were the Roots and well the rest is history but anyway just found the notices for my reading lol 30 years I’ve been carting these slips of paper around!

View attachment 511834

Oh, damn. Lol The Roots?!? Jeez.

I figured that you were Robert before even reading the text posted. That's pretty sweet!