One song you despise the most …

76standard

Strat-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Keizer Oregon
What is the one song that, when it comes on, you absolutely must change the channel immediately because you despise it so much?

For me - Bush “Glycerine”
What a fool believes by the Doobie Brothers. Soft rock that should never have been a part of their catalog of work. Mike McDonald is a tremendous songwriter with an incredible voice but, when keyboards are the backbone of a song instead of that driving guitar I quickly lost interest. I’m sure I will get reamed on this forum for my comments. Fair enough. Fire away. I wear big boy pants.

Slacker G

Senior Stratmaster
May 16, 2021
Iowa
So so many songs just plain SUCK yet they fill the airwaves.

Listing the songs I despise the most is like asking someone to pick out the prettiest night crawler in a bucket full of them.

dirocyn

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Oh my... I could write a list of 1000. The first that comes to my mind is that bastardized version of Sweet Home Alabama made by Kid Rock...

Such an abomination. Take the music from Werewolves of London and the lyrics to Sweet Home Alabama--two great tastes that don't taste great together. And the lyrical execution--is that a slow rap? Why? The end result is a wretched pile of stinking poo. That guy never would have gotten a record deal if not for his family connections.

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
What a fool believes by the Doobie Brothers. Soft rock that should never have been a part of their catalog of work. Mike McDonald is a tremendous songwriter with an incredible voice but, when keyboards are the backbone of a song instead of that driving guitar I quickly lost interest. I’m sure I will get reamed on this forum for my comments. Fair enough. Fire away. I wear big boy pants.

When they went that direction it was wtf for a lot of us die hard fans at the time.

Mansonienne

Mod admin
Staff member
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2015
Paris suburbs, France
I have an irrational hatred of Paul McCartney's Let 'em In going back as far as I can remember to my childhood...before I even knew who Paul was. I don't know why but to this day it just makes me feel bad despite it actually being a good song. I'll put it on my list to work through in therapy. :)
Yeah, that one always made me feel off, too.

CAR63

Strat-Talker
Sep 11, 2012
central calif.
I'm almost surprised no one has said anything about U2 , I know there are some haters out there . I like U2 , especially their earlier stuff , I just have to ignore Bono's politics . I have a DVD of "Rattle and Hum " I never get tired of watching , great concert .