Oy. Sometimes someone you love acquires a guitar that you don't.... lololol

Stu78

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 20, 2019
Scotland
Disclaimer: I play these things for maximum entertainment value for me. :D

My kid is great, great drummer, has chops on bass and if he decides to play more guitar I have no doubt he will get good at it. My feeling is that he will be better for playing all those instruments and taking all those theory and composition classes.

With any luck, he can take the little things I do and make much bigger things if his own.
Good stuff, and to be honest drummer jokes aside it takes a lot of concentration, co ordination and an in built sense of rythmn not mention physical stamina to carry the sticks off. Something I've never mastered on any level. 🤣

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
It's called "Blue Jean Wash". Not a bad swap for $ 589.99 MSRP. 1953 Telecaster. 4 position switch. You might wanna reconsider & hold out for the Tele over the Ibanez. No lowballers, he knows what he has.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
He's a great musician. One in a million.
When watching the UT Jazz Orch the first show I was watching the guitarist play Wes thumb guitar then second show he played fast lines using a pick. Collin has been talking to the guy, he's a graduate student, Colllin asks him guitar questions. When asked how many guitars he has he answered "around 60." It's no wonder Collin is trading guitars.

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I played one of those Ibanez fellows at a pawn shop. It seemed like it would be killer with some setup. Unfortunately they wanted much more than it was worth based on research, so I passed. I don't mind haggling, but when you have to get the guy down 50% to get to the retail you should be starting negotiations at, it's just not worth the effort.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
I played one of those Ibanez fellows at a pawn shop. It seemed like it would be killer with some setup. Unfortunately they wanted much more than it was worth based on research, so I passed. I don't mind haggling, but when you have to get the guy down 50% to get to the retail you should be starting negotiations at, it's just not worth the effort.
My kid knows that I worked at an Ibanez dealer back in the day and have a soft spot for them. He wants to trade stuff. Says there is some damage that would make it hard to sell. But I have too many guitars.

Last edited:

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
It's called "Blue Jean Wash". Not a bad swap for $ 589.99 MSRP. 1953 Telecaster. 4 position switch. You might wanna reconsider & hold out for the Tele over the Ibanez. No lowballers, he knows what he has.

Yeah he came out good in the trade. I would not mind having a tele but I want it to be workmanlike and utilitarian. With paint.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Discussed all this weirdness with the young man since it has been kind of confusing. He clarified that he "loves drums" and is super happy to be a drummer and with the way things are going at school and that for him playing guitar is like a hobby. Well, that kinda makes sense.