Senior Stratmaster
Mar 28, 2011
Chicago
'68 -'70-era Les Paul Deluxe. I took out the minibuckers and put in P-90s
pulled from a '70 Gibson ES-330.

picture.php

Eastwood baritone.

picture.php

I've also got an SG Junior and an Epiphone Zephyr with P-90's but no pics handy.

oatsoda

Puck of Paradox
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Shack, Nova Scotia
Gotta sweet Fender TC-90. Set neck twin cut tele thinline with two genuine Seymour Duncans. Plus I always kinda thought if you look at the back where the neck comes off the body it resembles the front of the Mach 5 (Speed Racer's car), neato! Growls like the Mach 5 too.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 448
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 141

davidKOS

not posting these days
May 28, 2012
California
My 1980s Tokai, re-branded as a Fender by it's former owner in Japan - so don't blame me! Both pickups on together but out of phase produces a very interesting noise - sort of T-Bone Walker-ish.

Nice - just what I like, Tele bridge pickup and a P90 in the neck, I bet it sounds great and can play anything.

sonny wolf

Most Honored Senior Member
Aug 7, 2009
austin texas
Here I am pictured with my recently acquired Gibson Les Paul 50s tribute studio.It was selling for $1149 but Guitar center was blowing out at $599.In my mind it was already sold but I had nothing to lose by asking the salesman if he can go lower...I got it for $499 without the gig bag!!!I really connected with her as soon as I plugged in....a genuine Les Paul guitar but with a nasty twang somewhere between a humbuckered Les Paul and a Telecaster.The build quality is great as are the pickups and hardware....great playability and tone.My only bad remark is that the paint is extremely prone to wear...the back of the neck is already flaking off because of the super thin nitro lacquer.For me it is not an issue since I love naturally relic'd guitars but it would be an issue for some players.It did come with black plastics which looked ok but it looks so much better with the cream plastics and gold knobs I ordered and installed.

Attachments

• 1606370_10203055747254804_84479317_o (1).jpg
    1606370_10203055747254804_84479317_o (1).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 138

stratman323

Dr. Stratster
Apr 21, 2010
London, UK
Here I am pictured with my recently acquired Gibson Les Paul 50s tribute studio.It was selling for $1149 but Guitar center was blowing out at $599.In my mind it was already sold but I had nothing to lose by asking the salesman if he can go lower...I got it for $499 without the gig bag!!!I really connected with her as soon as I plugged in....a genuine Les Paul guitar but with a nasty twang somewhere between a humbuckered Les Paul and a Telecaster.The build quality is great as are the pickups and hardware....great playability and tone.My only bad remark is that the paint is extremely prone to wear...the back of the neck is already flaking off because of the super thin nitro lacquer.For me it is not an issue since I love naturally relic'd guitars but it would be an issue for some players.It did come with black plastics which looked ok but it looks so much better with the cream plastics and gold knobs I ordered and installed.

I picked up a 60s Tribute last year & I really like it. It cost me less than my Tokai LS-85S!

With the light weight (chambered body), the P90s & the lack of binding, it struck me as a Les Paul designed for Strat or Tele lovers. Sounds like you would agree with that?

Great value too.