If this funny-looking stratocaster refin is not welcome here on strat-talk, let me know. I'll cease and desist. Summer before last, I got a crazy idea. I painted an allparts tele body silver, picked up a thinline guard, and chopped it down it out to fit a regular tele. My goal was a pink paisley telecaster of a very different flavour. I've been trying to figure out a way to do what I want to do. And admittedly, my experimentations weren't working so good, so after a bunch of fails, this project became uninspiring and just sat on the shelf taunting me for over a year, while I worked other things. Such is life. However, a month ago, I hitched up my britches and started again, with some new ideas, and deep resolve to move the ball forward. I have paper cutouts here, to plan my fresh take on a sort of pink paisley telecaster Crazy as it may be, my goal here is a paramecium / amoeba top laid out totally in small glittery glass rhinestones. What could be more gaudy / showy, and over-the-top sparkly than a Paisley Royale? I dunno. This is 100% why it has to be done. In anticipation, I had already purchased approx 15,000 synthetic gems in various colours, pinks, greens etc. Come in small bags of like 1,400 or so, normally used in the ladies nail decoration business. Super sparkly/glittery for the size. But, finding a way to make them stick to the silver metallic paint to my satisfaction was a major hurdle. Just not enough tooth, after various types of glue tried. Another major hurdle which soon arose early during the process, was the simple handling and placing of the gems. They are super teeny, and my eyes ain't as good as I though no more, my fingers all-too fumbly. Pick one up, then go to set it home, and you find it disappears into nowhere. How do they do this? I mean, look at these little buggers! A dozen of them fit in a 1" line, so just slightly larger than 1/16th inch ea. Finally, for them to stick, I figured I'd just lightly brush the receiving surface with a wire brush, and give it a light coat of glitter glue. This seemed to give the surface enough "tooth" for decent glue-grab. Then, the search was on to find an adhesive that would allow me a enough working time, before I would find myself throwing my hands up in frustration as they would stick practically everywhere I didn't want them too... That took some figuring, even though the answer was practically right in front of me. Now years ago I did a guitar once in much larger dollar store sticky plastic rhinestones which came in convenient strips, so a bit of the learning curve was solved for me on this, the basic "how to". As I found, the first job is to get all the basic outlines of the body set, work your way all around the hardware (trying to avoid anything sticking to it). Once that is done, then you can fill in towards the middle. Tedious work. I would be embarrassed to reveal how many hours went into this. But, patience is a virtue and I've been picking away at it an hour or two here, and hour there.... By my estimation, this double row around the outside in light pink took somewhere around 900 stones, each one individually placed. But, once you get all the outlines safely done, then it starts to get more fun. Now the pattern of the paisley will the biggest challenge, but the real fun part too! Again, if this sort of project thing is unwelcome here, let me know.