Join Strat-Talk Today

Partscaster Club - Pt. II

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Namelyguitar, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Due to dead links all over the original thread, let's kick off a new thread. Post photos of those Partscasters! Bring those Fender, or others!

Here's 1994 Peavey Predator with original bridge + long list of boutique or other upgraded parts. It sings! This overexposed photo brings out the darkness.

Rio Grande pickups, Schaller tuners, Switchcraft jack and more.
    [​IMG]

circles, Omar, jvin248 and 5 others like this.
  2. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Elvis. An Eden Guitars Strat body with a mid eighties MIJ neck set up with a double looking Floyd.
    [​IMG]
    My Frankenstrat inspired made from a couple SEs.
    [​IMG]
    The Telecamphor made from a camphor body and a no name neck with 5 way super switch wiring and Sullivan TFL55 p'ups. Sperzel Trim Lock tuners.
    [​IMG]
    These next two, the P90 monster with a 2001 MIM Seventies reissue body and a Starcaster by Fender neck (changed to a 3 bolt micro tilt). Sperzel Trim Lock tuners.
    Next is Gracie, an unknown origin body with a 2015 standard neck an older set of Fender hot noiseless p'ups and an Eric Clapton mid boost as well as a Babicz 2 point trem. Pickguard by Greasy Groove and Planet Waves Auto Trim locking tuners.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    circles, Omar, fergyuk and 2 others like this.
  3. Chester Burnett

Chester Burnett Strat-Talk Member

4. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

5. fergyuk

fergyuk Strat-Talk Member

6. HighwayStar106

HighwayStar106 Strat-O-Master

This is quite complicated, but here goes...
    I started with a CN serial Korean Squier loaded body. I then bought a complete Legend Strat copy, which we'll call Legend #2, which I took the neck off to put on the Squier body (I already had a Legend, which we'll call Legend #1, and I loved the neck, so I thought I might as well buy another one).

image.jpeg

Of course, I then ended up with Legend #2's spare body lying around, so I decided to get it refinished in red. My original plan was to make a Gary Moore inspired Strat, but I couldn't say no to a £20 maple neck, so it ended up being more Knopfler-style. The original electrics didn't work, so I put Iron Gear Texas Locos, CTS pots, an Oak Grigsby switch, and a Switchcraft jack in it.

image.jpeg

This is where it gets confusing...
    Due to a complicated series of events, the Squier now has the bridge from Legend #1, Legend #1 now has the bridge from Legend #2, and Legend #2 (or what's left, i.e. the body) now has the MIM Fender bridge I originally bought for Legend #1!
    As I've changed the tuners, bridge, pickgaurd and electrics on Legend #1, it probably counts as a partscaster too now.

image.jpeg

Now for the twist...
    As it turned out, Legend #2's neck was nowhere near as nice as Legend #1's. The frets especially were uncomfortable to play, and buzz on the 14th fret, even through an amp. So I'm now putting a Squier Affinity neck on it.

image.jpeg

This is one of the many reasons I love Strats: it's so easy to swap parts around until you find what makes the best guitar.

7. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Black and tort pair. Hendrix angle bridge, Armstrong Blender (SSS blends to HSH). Tele Esquier-H run with a 4-way switch for N/parallel/B/series.

[​IMG]

HSS converted to SSS with the Armstrong Blender, kill switch. 1970 Global MIJ LP with single coil pickups, stainless steel frets. Strat is a Squier that has had all kinds of mods done to it along the way, experimental platform. The LP was trashed and about all that carries over is the neck and body. Frets had been pulled when I got it.
    [​IMG]

Omar, Namelyguitar and fergyuk like this.
  8. perttime

perttime Strat-O-Master

What wood are those natural bodies? Not quite what I usually see.

9. perttime

perttime Strat-O-Master

10. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Mine is in another partscaster thread i'm sure but who doesn't like to show pics of their loved ones.

here's mine. The neck is undergoing a refret which is now finished but i'm dealing with some minor things with the headstock before i put it back together. though i really like the Modern Player neck that's on there now so not sure i want to put it back on this body.

I call it the Seoulcaster because it started life as a MIK Squier series strat but now has an Ash body which i did the finish on and a 57/62 Fender Bridge with CS69s in Neck and Middle and SSL5 in the bridge position. I love this POS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fergyuk and Believer7713 like this.
  11. fergyuk

fergyuk Strat-Talk Member

The one with the rosewood fretboard is supposed to be spalted maple, I haven't got a clue on the other one but it's very resonant acoustically. I bought it for it's look.

perttime likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.