Partscaster neck gap

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by hurricanebob, Apr 11, 2021.

1. hurricanebob

hurricanebob Strat-Talk Member

shimmed the pocket to get this neck to fit better but still isn't perfect, the pocket wasn't cut level. I put in dowels in the neck holes and re-drilled them but it still bugs me with the gap, any suggestions? Just added the trem plate now....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fenderbaum

Fenderbaum Strat-Talker

Have any more close up photos of the gap?
    Its not a technical issue if it does not bother you.

3. hurricanebob

hurricanebob Strat-Talk Member

some close ups

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Five Aces

Five Aces Strat-Talk Member

Unless gaps are extremely visible, I don't sweat the small stuff, especially if it's my personal keeper and not planning on reselling it.
    I had a few inexpensive Strat-like guitars (MIC) and the full scale length was almost a 1/4" short so I couldn't even intonate it properly. So, I actually added a 3/8" thick woodblock to the neck pocket to increase the scale length! It wasn't visible because the overlap of the fingerboard's 22nd fret and the pickguard covered the gap. then plugged & redrilled the neck. No lost is sustain, no negative impact at all on the sound, and no longterm issue to worry about ..... and now intonates perfectly and always stays in tune!!!

BTW... it may not compete with a top end Fender custom Strat for value, but it plays great and can hold it's own with many higher end models...... just sayin'.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  5. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

What gap? Trust me when I tell you I've seen worse gaps on American made Fenders.

Baelzebub and CB91710 like this.
  6. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

i assume the gap is where the heel and body meet on the back.What i have done to some low budget guitars with awful gaps(and def not some standard strat) was to cover the neck heel with packing tape(so the neck ll not get glued on the body), bolt it on and then pour epoxy mixed with very fine sawdust(preferably from the same wood or type of wood) to fill.Then after an hour or so pull the neck out and voila...now the neck pocket visually fits the neck like a glove and seems great at least visually.