Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Peavey Amp Owners

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Hugh, Feb 10, 2011.

1. MichaelVB

MichaelVB Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Hayward, CA

2. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Very nice.. you must love that pedal for that amp.

3. MichaelVB

MichaelVB Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Hayward, CA
    It's a nice.setup but it's had problems.
    Not sure if it's the circuit board or what but I live with it.
    If I were playing gigs I would have another amp. This thing is super LOUD too.

ocean likes this.

4. wick246

wick246 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Utah
    I have Classic 30 and 50 combo's. The 30 sounds horrible to me but the 50 is amazing. I'm glad to see others happy with the 30 - it gives me hope. It has a Hellatone 60 speaker in it now. When I have some spare change I'm going to order parts for the blue guitar mods and try some different tubes.

5. crzymtnman

crzymtnman Strat-Talker Silver Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Roanoke, VA
    I posted in a separate thread a while back when this little guy was given to me. Been learning about it and for my level does a very good job, and if having a day like today can get very loud and takes the stress away. 1479352105872.jpg

Jigglebone and ocean like this.

6. ocean

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Nice.. mine looks the exact same.. do you have the Peavy pedal for that amp ?

crzymtnman likes this.

7. crzymtnman

Oct 21, 2016
    Roanoke, VA
    No pedal.

8. ocean

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Keep your eyes out on your local CL .. or what ever used sites there are,. I picked up the one that matches my amp for $25. Never thought I'd need it.. but now I love it.. need minimum of 30watt amp to use it on ? Not sure how many watts yours is.?

crzymtnman likes this.

9. crzymtnman

Oct 21, 2016
    Roanoke, VA
    I will keep an eye out for one, mine is a 30.

10. moullineaux

moullineaux Strat-O-Master

Jul 11, 2009
    ATLANTA, GA
    I recently bought a classic 20 stack and love it.

Jigglebone and ocean like this.

11. mike77rios

mike77rios Strat-Talk Member

Jun 9, 2012
    San Diego
    my 6505+ 112 with a 212 cab, I recently got a 1973 tweed Classic 410 hybrid amp 50 watt out put section. This is a front panel amp. Ill post pic later. I have used Peavey amps since 1979.

Attached Files:

Tube ToneChaser, Jigglebone and ocean like this.

12. Chief101

Chief101 Strat-O-Master

Jan 14, 2012
    Kentucky
    I have one of the last Peavey Classic 50/212 (II's) made in the US. They started making them out of country shortly after I got this one. Interestingly, mine has a sticker on the back that says it's "not for sale". Looks like it might have been a later prototype (maybe just before production began) that got shipped by accident. Great amp for pretty much everything but metal.

Tube ToneChaser and ocean like this.

13. Stratonini

Stratonini Senior Stratmaster

Here is my Peavey VTM-120 with matching cabinets. The angled cab has all four original Celestion G12k-85's in it. The bottom has two of the original G12K-85's, and two G12T-75's in an X pattern. It was like that when I got it. The base cabinet has it's Peavey logo now. This thing is a MONSTER in EVERY way. It's WAY, WAY, WAY, TOO LOUD, The head is almost 60lbs, The cabinets about rip your shoulder's out of their sockets because of how heavy they are. I absolutely love everything about it though.

Marshall and Peavey 1 (2).png

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016

14. CARBr6

CARBr6 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 13, 2015
    London
    I've got an original "Silverline" Bandit Transtube 112, in all honesty it's damn loud, I've never taken it past about 5 on the volume knob!! Even in gigs. I certainly don't utilise it fully it, but it takes my pedals well, and I like the clean sounds, not so keen on the gain channel. I know this'll sound odd, but the gain channel isn't as sharp as I like (if that makes sense?) I'm sure if I played about with the settings a lot more I could probably find something better, but I get the sound I am looking for with the clean channel and pedals so why mess about. The amp does need a little TLC as the mid EQ control on the clean channel snapped off some years ago making it very difficult to accurately adjust! I should really replace the Pot, but it's just a hassle!

15. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Hey, I didn't know we had a Peavey thread.

Picked this up over this winter brand new for 60% of the street price. I ordered a JSX head from GC and they destroyed it in shipping so they gave me the 6505+ for the same price. I still would have preferred the JSX, but this is a great amp and damn loud doesn't really describe it. With the volume anything over 1, you can't even really think in the basement because your ears are bleeding. :cool:

Here it is sitting a top a XXX cabinet. They sound great together.

[​IMG]

16. Jigglebone

Jigglebone Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Jan 20, 2017
    Southern Idaho, US
    I love this one. May sell the red stripe Bandit, but this one is my Peavey keeper!

IMG_2298.JPG

17. Tube ToneChaser

Tube ToneChaser Strat-O-Master

Mar 30, 2017
    South Carolina; USA
    I have a Peavey LA 400. It is the LOUDEST 1×12 I've EVER heard! I bought it 30 years ago, and it is STILL fully functional & in GREAT condition. It has the original Black Widow speaker, and has proven its' Peavey build quality over & over, as it's been hauled around to many gigs over the years! Sometimes I wish it was a Tube amp, but I really like it regardless. A GREAT amp; I'll post an image of it soon.

ocean likes this.

18. Tube ToneChaser

Mar 30, 2017
    South Carolina; USA
    I've GIGGED WITH, but not OWNED, a variety of Peavey amps. Heritage, Deuce, 5150 Head/Marshall 1960 Cab, etc. They ALL sound AWESOME to me! Built like TANKS; dependable; reliable! Glad I found this Owner's Club page!

ocean likes this.

19. skypeace

skypeace Sky Pilot Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Connecticut
    Being a newbie it has been wonderful traipsing through all the grand stories of the Peavey heritage. I have had a Vypyr VIP 1 for over a month now as my first amp, and it is satisfying and overwhelming at the same time. Being retired I do crank it up every now and then during the daytime when I hope the neighbors are at work. :sneaky:

I have seen Peavey amps and sound systems at work in many small churches where get it done right the first time economy is real important so along with personal research I chose the VIP as a starter. The search for my own personal sound begins where I am and with the tools that have been presented to me, I am not trying to recreate anyone else's tone, just praying that I can express what has been put into my heart.

After reading all of these posts about Peavey amps, I am content with my primary investment, thanks for the encouragement.

ocean and Tube ToneChaser like this.

20. Tube ToneChaser

Mar 30, 2017
    South Carolina; USA
    Congrats on the Vypyr! BIG Peavey fan here, too.

ocean and skypeace like this.