Peavey Bandit 65

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by StratPlayer77, Feb 10, 2020.

1. StratPlayer77

StratPlayer77 New Member!

Played one today. Liked how it sounded. I like blues (SRV'sh like stuff and others), country, southern rock. How would that amp do? Played a Strat through it, had good Clapton'sh tone to it.

2. RB522

RB522 Strat-Talker

It will do great ! I've got the silver stripe Bandit, and I think it is one of the most under rated amps there is. They can do pretty much anything.

3. ntotoro

ntotoro Strat-O-Master

I bought one of these as my first "real" amp back the summer of '87 when I was 14 and saved every penny of my first job. They work really well with the Saturation low (around 2-3) and an overdrive pedal. Completely workable amp.

4. WireLine

WireLine Strat-Talker

Bandit 65s and Special 130s were, still are absolute beasts of versatility. I’ve used them with any number of guitars for classic rock, contemporary (for then) and classic country, name it.

Some of the best guitar sounds I ever achieved were a tele or strat into an Ibanez UE405, with a BlueTube II preamp in the effect’s loop...output to the line in return of said Peavey (or a pair for monster stereo)...

5. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

I had a Bandit 65 Solo Series with an Eminence Legend speaker and it killed..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.