Peavey Bravo 112 Problem/Issue

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Mind Flayer, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer Strat-O-Master

I picked up a used Peavey Bravo 112 a couple weeks ago. I really like the sound of this thing.

Up until last night, it was working great. However, last night, after about 20 minutes of playing it with the reverb at about 40-50%, the reverb suddenly cut out entirely, and the sound got louder and brighter -- it sounded like it would if you suddenly cranked the treble all the way up.

I turned off the amp and started it back up, and the reverb came back and everything sounded normal again. I couldn’t get the problem to repeat itself, but now I’m worried about this happening during a gig or something.

Anybody had any similar problems or know what the issue might be? I got it at Guitar Center, and I’m still within the 45-day return period, so I’m trying to determine if I should return it or if this was maybe just some weird isolated incident.

2. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Silver Member

3. Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer Strat-O-Master

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that post on tdpri. Not sure if it's the same issue, but it does seem like these bravos (and maybe bandits of the same era) commonly have issues related to the reverb circuit.

But today, when I played it again, I have now found out that the effects loop doesn't work either.

I'm thinking I may have a lemon here and may just return it.